NEW Luminaris Preview

L.E.D.

Enlightened
For anyone that doesn't know, I've been composing trance for around 3 years now and have recently gotten into electronic classical (symphonic trance). Some think i'm a metalhead gone soft, but I like to think of it as expanding my horizons, and don't get me wrong, I still love many other types of music. Anyways, I'd like to present to you all a preview of a new song called "Pathological Strife" and you can listen / download here : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=94946 and listen to Pathological Strife preview. Pretty chill strings in the intro, then various buildups. The full version will be uploaded sometime this week (it's already done but I may incorporate some advice from this thread if there's any), and I'll post in this thread for notification. I'd be glad if you lent me your ears for a few minutes and posted your thoughts and feedback on this track preview, criticism most definitely welcome but keep it constructive and useful, not just pointless bashing...
Thanks in advance!

metalhed

Enlightened
I guess it's only fitting that I check this out...since we probably share some musical tastes.

Besides, I'm the resident metalhed around here. :D

Pretty cool...I especially like the transition at about :57 to a heavier beat.

I know musicians generally hate style comparisons (at least all the ones I've been around do), but you grabbed me a little at that point because I like some Rammstein, which shares that pulsing bass beat as a foundation sound.

At my age (pushin' 50), I'm still proudly stuck in my punk/grunge/heavy metal phase...so trance and electronica isn't really something I'm too knowledgable about. But just like Rammstein and some metal, if it has a heavy, active beat, I can dig it. (I generally don't use music to chill...mostly to get moving or get motivated.)

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

You guys should check this out, for symphonic trance. it :rock: s

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Thanks much, Metalhed, very kind words! Yeah, I definitely know that constant pounding bass you're talkin about and that is the ever-so-popular 4/4th's kickdrum beat, and I didn't take offense to you comparing it to Ramstein though it's almost like apples and oranges since they're mostly metal / industrial ish with some hints actually of trance, like the string break in Du Hast. As far as metal goes, I've been listening to "In Flames" for awhile now and highly recommend them as a good listen. "Shadows Fall", a relatively new melodic death metal band is pretty alright too, though I'd say they couldn't challenge In Flames. Another band "As I Lay Dying" has a very heavy and head-bang inducing grind to them.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I like it. This is my second time listening to it. I'm not really into that kind of music, but it is better than most of the stuff out there. It is kinda relaxing actually.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Thanks much, offroadcmpr. Anyone who's really into this type of music, maybe you could offer a little advice for changes on the full version...