Fenix L0P flickers if twist gently

ledled

Newly Enlightened
My LOP flickers & goes out itself if I just twist it on gently (the same amount of force applied as if I turn on an
Arc. However, if I apply more force (a lot more) to tightened all the way, then it stays constantly on.

The contacts looks perfectly clean. Did any of you user aluminium foil to make twisting easier?
My hand actually hurts when playing with this light too much.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
try cleaning it anyways. Clean use some rubbing alcohol and maybe even lightly sand the top of the battery tube, perhaps use a pencil eraser...

pryan

Newly Enlightened
I should add that it does sound like you've gotta use a lot of force to turn it on. It's pretty easy on my L0P. Maybe you should put some grease on the threads?

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L0p could be switch on quite easily single handed. You might want to check the threads and relube it. Mine flicker to when twist on just a lil bit, and i usually do this to annoy myself :laughing:

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
I bought three. Two had easy turning smooth-as-silk threads and one had tight threads. None flickered though...I did find a little variation in tint on the LEDs as I expected but all were pretty good.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Sometimes contacts appear clean but they're not. Try the pencil eraser tip for cleaning, or alcohol, but swipe it after application (or you'll just be spreading the gunk around).

ledled

Newly Enlightened
I've already lubed the threads. It's not the threads is tight but I have to tighten all the way, probably to its limit to make it stay on.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
ledled said:
I've already lubed the threads. It's not the threads is tight but I have to tighten all the way, probably to its limit to make it stay on.

Then you might want to pull and stretch the spring at the tail.