Glow in the dark AA light mod

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
I just got my Advancemart LED-005S back from greenLED who was kind enough to strip the anodization (I scuffed it up) and filled some grooves in the head with GID epoxy.

Here is the light back from greenLED:
unfin_head.jpg

Heres a comparison with an original black anodized one:
unfin_body.jpg

I cleaned up the excess epoxy on a lathe and polished the unknurdled portions of the body:
fin_head.jpg

fin_body.jpg

batt.jpg

tail.jpg

Heres how it looks in the dark fully charged. Its a fair bit dimmer uncharged:
normal_glow.jpg

Heres a 15sec long exposure:
max_glow.jpg

Thanks greenLED!:rock:

greenLED

Flashaholic
That turned out pretty nicely, Shaocaholica! (after cleaning the mess I left, of course :green:) Just to redeem myself, let me say that the grooves in that light are about 1mm wide and less than that in depth; not much volume to fill with epoxy. At one point, while cleaning the excess, the epoxy+GID mix started lifting off the groove (too little surface area for attachment?), so I stopped. In this case, that wasn't a problem, since the plan was for Shaocaholica to clean off the excess on his lathe.

If somebody else is planning on this mod, I recommend using a lathe to enlarge the grooves (deeper and wider). The business end of the light is several mm thick, so this shouldn't compromise the light's structure at all.

greenLED

Flashaholic
glowinc.com has the highest quality materials
any clear epoxy will do, although it's best to use one that has longer handling time