Which High Output Light for Me?

LightBud

Newly Enlightened
Hi all.
wink2.gif
I'm relatively new to CPF and this is my first post. To give you some idea of where I am at in my progression as a flashaholic, I currently own an EL1, E2E/E2L, Peak Carribbean, Dorcy Super 1 Watt and SL ProPoly 4AAA. I'm interest is adding a high output/long throw light to my collection. This one will be for the bugout bag/backpack/car (not EDC), so it doesn't need to be real compact (i.e., 2 to 3 CR123s). Here are a few other features I would be looking for:

1. Under $250
2. Can use rechargeable batts
3. Has a High/Low or multilple output settings (for tactical use, it would be best if highest setting can be set as the default for instant on/off rather than having to cycle through lower settings)
4. Good regulation

Your thoughts? Thanks!

ginaz

Enlightened
well then my friend,

you should look at an aleph 1 or 3. these have larger reflectors for wicked throw and can be mixed and matched with your surefire parts. 2 stages too!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, if you want really high output, go for the Surefire L2... its a great light.

-David

Luxman

Enlightened
SF L2 or U2.
I think you can get a U2 very close to your price range.
The 6 light levels of the U2 make it a very versatile light with a very long runtime if you use the lower levels. The U2 also works very well with Li Ion's.