First conversions

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am planning on doing some of my first conversions to Minimags, I have a few laying around. I am thinking of putting the Blue Night-eyze conversion in one AA, the Red Nite-Eyze conversion in one AA, and the MJLED conversion in a AAA.

Are these worth doing, or should I just pass and buy other lights?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Since you already have the Minis lying around, you'll get to see how you do at LED conversion of your lights. That's a stepping stone to modifying wouldn't you say?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a future plan? I don't believe the red or blue Nite Ize modules are available yet... March, I think.

If you know of a source for them, let us know because I'd really like a red one.

To your question, I think their usability is up to you... Some folks feel that the white Nite Ize breathes new life into their unused Minimags while others feel that with so little throw, the Nite Ize module is all but useless. I'll admit that I prefer to use an MJLED (not the SMJLED) on lithiums to the Nite Ize on alkalines. The MJLED gives MUCH better throw and doesn't give distracting ringy perimeters. An single MJLED looks just as bright as the 3 LEDs in the Nite Ize and gives better runtime.

They are different mods for different uses, but personally, if I could only have one or the other, it would be the MJLED... On lithiums.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, yes it would be a future project on the Nite-Eyze, there is one seller on Ebay with 100% feedback , that shows them supposedly shipping in February. The blue model I am interested in for a hunting.trackig backup for blood trail, and the red for other uses.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8754447208&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Modding, ugh, my wife is gonna kill me, I already make knives, and muzzle loading rifles, now modding flashlights... yep, deadman walking.