A good gamble

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Would you rather shove your money into a slot machine, wager it at a card game, burning your money in hopes of making a profit? Or would you rather buy awesome solidstate flashlights with that money and take solice in knowing you've invested in something that will probably last for quite awhile?

Well as we are all well aware, we are playing a lottery when buying LED lights, due to the differences in brightness, efficiency, and tinting etc. of the LED's. But one thing to consider is that you're also playing a lottery with the whole product and all of its components. The probability of this lottery turning out good for you is affected by quality control of course. I thought when I had bought my Streamlight JR Luxeon that I had lost the tailcap clickie switch lottery, but two other JR Luxes failing due to the exact same thing (broken clickie) and I lost respect for those crummy little clickies. Bought a RAM flashlight clickie (also uses metal construction but is probably not waterproof due to not having a rubber covered button) and my JR Lux has functioned perfectly since.

Just a little bit o' ranting here...

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I buy a light, it's mainly because I want it because it's a light. I don't buy them as a gamble or an investment. But how well the light and its value might hold up is certainly a part of the decision. I guess that's a one of the reasons I like SureFires.

Paul