warm-white luxeon arrived !

liteglow

Enlightened
I did post a message where to get warm white lux for some time ago.
And now I got them !

The result (will post pictures soon)

The price I must pay was 23$ each !
And I did order 5pc = 137$ including shipping from Sweden !

The light from the led was not so bright as the 3W luxeon i had from before.
One reason is that this one only is 1W !

But the light was not as Warm-White as I was hoping, it was more like a dark yellow\greenis light :eek:

One and one with a reflector was not able to give me the light i wanted.

But i guess 3 and 3 togheter is OK to light up a kitchen bench maybe !!

So my tip to ppl is DONT buy them !! use Halogen\white led at the half half price ;)

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I understand, the warm whites are special purpose luxeons. The yellow/greenish tint is typically what I would expect when someone says that they have a "warm" white luxeon.

If you are just looking for something in a Lux III that isn't blue, you should try something in the flavor of a WO, X1, V1 or VO color bin. Of those listed, the WO is probably the whitest, with the X1 following in a close second.

liteglow

Enlightened
Yes, and yes.. I know.
And thanx for all the answer (last time i did ask where to buy)

But it seems like if i want to buy warm white luxeon at 3$ each !
you MUST BUY more than 100pc to buy at all !!!
(If you dont live in USA)

So my ONLY way to buy after 2-3 e-mails from Lumileds was from www.optoga.com in Sweden !

And I know ppl told me to try "other" luxeon that is not so bluish...
But since i`m was going to buy some expencinve LEDs, why not try out the warm white.

I first want to order ONE to test, but there is a looong deal just to transfering the money and so on, so i decided to try out 5pc.

Well I dont really know where to use the LED !
They are sweet yes (Bright and NOT blue, for a LED) but HI DUDE you can buy 3volt halogen bulbs that are 200% brighter than the LEDs. and produce LESS heat than this crazy heating LEDs !!

I guess I will use this LEDs in my girls closet :) that will make her happy, and it will make me happy as i know the LEDs will be well used every day she open the closet door ;)

next time we do a group buy 100pc @ 2$ each ;)

cheers

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a terrible rip-off from Optoga! If you need any more Luxeon LEDs, try to search on Google for 'Luxeon' in German language (advanced search options). This gives you a bunch of German online shops which ship in Europe for very reasonable prices. In that way you can find the warm white Luxeon LEDs for like 7 EUR.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out photonfanatic on here, if he has any V0 V1 luxeon III's. They will be yellow but not green. And bright. I'm sure he'll do airmail international for cheap.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure if I posted to the "message" You mentionned,
but surely I have, quite sometimes in the last weeks,
posted that "warm white" lux 1 are VERY DIM because their output did not incease like the one of normal whites.
Comparison:
warm white --> still around 20 lumens (like the whites 2-3 years ago)
white: --> up to 50 lumens (R bin)

I would suggest: READ the led info on flashlightrevies.com, or the infos from Wayne at the Shoppe (http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/index.htm), and various other sources be4 loosing money on weak, outdated leds anymore ;-)

The light from warm whites is exactly the same as from cheap incand. bulbs, if they would offer the same output than normal whites, they would be great. But they are less than half efficient. Kick em!
...and do not compare Your X1 led with good, actual Q or R bins with WO white tint. They rock!!
(I have a 2AA mod with such a greenish X1 also, but like the color)

liteglow said:
But it seems like if i want to buy warm white luxeon at 3$ each ! you MUST BUY more than 100pc to buy at all !!!
...but HI DUDE you can buy 3volt halogen bulbs that are 200% brighter than the LEDs. and produce LESS heat than this crazy heating LEDs !!
I have once ordered 3 optics and 1 warm white from lumileds, was no problem.
...these halo bulbs would also need 400 % more current, will blow regularly, are not dimmable, ... (and thats the real thing where led shine)

Edit: I dont live in the US, located in Austria ...

Last edited:

liteglow

Enlightened
yes if you live in US, you can buy from Lumiled !
But they told me that they dont ship to Norway, if I not had a account there :eek:

Well Luxeon is great ;) the white one is DAMN super, i use them everywhere :)

The warm white is also a great led, but the price was to much :( so i will not do that again.......

One day maybe they sell LUXEON V at warm-white, at a living price ;) then i will buy alot more..

untill then, I must use regular Bulbs in my house ;)

Cheers

Opto-King

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking at the Optoga web site and they are NOT selling Lumiled LEDs they are selling SSC (Seoul Semiconductor) LEDs...