Flashlights on "Company Time"

78CJ5

Newly Enlightened
How much "Company Time" do you spend surfing Candle Power Forum, or other flashlight interest sites?

I find myself spending 20-30 minutes of "mental health" break-time at CPF, with the balance of my time hanging out here in the evening.

Blazer

Enlightened
5 min several times a day.
I have frequent intervals between work that I can check on CPF, then in the evening I try and catch up with all the posts, it's a neverending battle.

jtice

Flashaholic
lololol

I REALLY hope my boss doesnt see this ;)

Well, today,,, I spent about 7 of my 9 hour day on the net.
About 2 hours or so of it on CPF.

But I didnt really have anything to do here today, so eh.

I ussualy put in an Hour at lunch surfing,
and an hour or so on the clock.

I dont get payed near what I should,
so this is my way of making up for it ;)

~John

metalhed

Enlightened
I guess I should consider myself very lucky, since surfing CPF (and the other forums as well) is an integral part of my "company time".

Of course it does make it a little hard to take a 'vacation' from all that's flashlight. :laughing:

GrooveRite

Enlightened
Too much time!! Its a good thing I can do both work and research adequetly well, lol.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then I enter my office first thing in the morning I go on CPF for about
half an hour, usually before work hours

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
My computer is usually logged on with CPF up and running even if I'm out of the office. Security is pretty tight so I usually don't bother logging of when leaving the office.

On a very slow day I can spend way to much time here, other days I hardly have time to check my mail....

Sverre

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
I am at CPF at lunch , a good hour and again in the evening for a half hour just to check-in
naughty.gif

Other than that , When ever possible !
wink.gif

Kenny

trivergata

Enlightened
I'd say about 6 hours a week, maybe 10 if stuff is slow, but for me it is work - I do research for a state university, and when I have down-time, I "educate" myself on CPF. I'm working on a project with LEDs now (nit a flashlight, but a new form of bio-remediation), and when the VP asked "Do you know anything about LEDs?" I just kinda grinned and said "lemme show ya somethin!"
Josh

pathalogical

Enlightened
I'm surfin' from home. I've been off work for over 2 years due to chronic back pain. Even if I was at work I don't have computer access anyway. Usually here M-F, I try and stay away from the PC on weekends, so, come Monday morning, it's time to do some catchin' up !

fluorescent

Enlightened
Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work...

( quote from Office Space - lol )

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I set little goals for myself and also allow little breaks to "come up for air." For example, the other day I entered 7 years worth of water meter readings into a spreadsheet from digital photographs of the records. You can get pretty cross-eyed at the end of that. So I took a few minutes to read about SureFire M3s or some other mindless relaxation before jumping into the statistical analysis of said data. In the days before the internet I used to keep a pair of binoculars at my desk for watching birds and the like outside.

A guy would go nuts without doing something like that, and it freshens you up so you don't make mistakes. The downside is that you will make more mistakes if you allow yourself to think about flashlights when you need to be concentrating on work.

I remember seeing a study mentioned on CNN or something that frequent interruptions, like checking email or surfing, lowers your IQ as measured by tests during a day with such interruptions. (Duh.) You have to shut out distractions in order to be able to do a good job and be productive.

Scott

Last edited: