Cyclops is a deal at Sam's !!!

mykall

Enlightened
I was just at Bass Pro shops yesterday and they
have the Cyclops flashlight (that's 1 flashlight) with
4 CR123's and an assortment of colored lenses for $39.99!!
At Sam's you get 2 flashlights and 4 batts for about $20.

Whatever you think of the light..."beater" etc you've got
to admit it's a steal at Sam's :).

MB

AshA4

Banned
The 2 pack Element lights Sam's sells also sells at Radio Shack under a different name for $30-40 a piece!

mykall

Enlightened
Bass Pro Shops also has a "Bass Pro Shops" branded Brink Maxfire
which they retail for $24...quite a bit more than either Tar-jay or
Wally, but I've seen it on sale there for as little as $14.

To their credit though they have a full line of SF lights at just about
what everyone else sells them for M.O. so less shipping they could
be a deal.

MB

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those lights at Sam's are pretty nice. Fairly well built and serve as good mod hosts. I couldn't believe the price when I saw them. I grabbed all that they had. Something thing like 10 packages of two. I sold the all to LEOs to be used as backup lights. They're still asking for more.

Unfortunately, my local Sam's hasn't gotten anymore.

DigMe

Enlightened
mykall said:
To their credit though they have a full line of SF lights at just about
what everyone else sells them for M.O. so less shipping they could
be a deal.

Well they could be but with the contacts we have here at CPF they're not.

brad cook

Redjam

Newly Enlightened
I was at Sams looking for the Element (out of stock), and found the Cyclops. For $10 each they seem very solidly built all metal with sturdy switches. I just bought a Maxfire LX at Target last week, and now am wishing I had seen the Cyclops first. The Cyclops beam appears just slightly narrower than the Maxfire.

Is there any way to use rechargeable batteries in the Cyclops?

stogiez

Newly Enlightened
I was at a Sam's in El Paso, TX over the weekend. I bought a pack of 2 lights for about $14.84 (?) +tax. Total was just over $16. I checked the website, and the price was $20.84, also stating "Price may vary by Club". Too bad not all members can get these lights for $8 apiece. I'll check my local Sam's for prices here in the DFW metro.

The package claims 80 lumens. Nope. Not as bright as my Scorpion, or G2, but great lights for the price.
:sold:

mykall

Enlightened
I never believed that 80 lumens either. Sort of like one
of those Dorcys (Spyder??) that claimed over 100 Lumens
and I know with 2 CR's it's not that bright.

MB

stopatrain

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 pack at Sam's for $20 they are ok for cheap dirty light.

They are not 80 lumens, maybe 50-60.

stogiez

Newly Enlightened
Well, went to Sam's in Plano, TX (north of Dallas) and sad to say that their price for the two-pack was $20.84 + tax. Didn't buy 'em. Still a good deal, but not a great deal.

Tremendo

Enlightened
Last week or so they were moved to the closeout section (Humble TX Sam's), and today the sign said $14.57 for the 2 Cyclops. I would have bought more for that price, but they were out.

Walt175

Enlightened
They are also good for mods. For example. I didn't like the switch on my Dorcy super 1 watt. I swapped the one from the cyclops, and it works great. Firmer feel/click, and now it's tactical! :laughing:

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
I bought this deal and was using one when fixing/upgrading a PC at home. The batteries drew down the cells to the point where there was no output. I kept working on the PC and about an hour later I heard a loud POP!

I was of course afraid that the PC had blown, but it was the Cyclops and or the Cyclops batteries that blew. I was so disturbed that I threw the flashlight away. I wish I hadn't and now would like to have it to do forensics.

Did the battery cause the problem because I kept this on after the cell no longer had enough voltage to power the light? Are there threads concerning explosions that I should read?

AshA4

Banned
Before you threw it away did you actually check the batteries? Perhaps the loud pop you heard was the bulb? I've got a few Cyclops and have been using them around the house. Recently I picked up another two pack at Sam's for under $12 (price drop) I haven't had any problems but then again I'm on the original cells.

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
AshA4 said:
Before you threw it away did you actually check the batteries? Perhaps the loud pop you heard was the bulb? I've got a few Cyclops and have been using them around the house. Recently I picked up another two pack at Sam's for under $12 (price drop) I haven't had any problems but then again I'm on the original cells.

Note pictures of cells here:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1279431#post1279431

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
Our Sams's in NE Iowa has about 75 of them, but they are still at $20. I'm gonna wait till they come down. I like bright lights so this will mainly be for the kids and the kitchen drawer.

Latest posts