Fenix L0P and Energizer Lithium AAA

stopatrain

Newly Enlightened
Is it ok to use Energizer Lithium AAA in the Fenix LOP?

Last edited:

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix LOP and Energizer Lithium AAA

I use them in ALL of my three Fenix models.

REALLY flattens, and extends the run time curve.

That said, I seldom use mine for more than a few seconds, or minutes, so I doubt heat would be an issue.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

These runtime graphs show it extends the runtime to 50% output from 50.5 minutes to 96.75 minutes:>>>>>>>>>>

and, the light is brighter than the alkaline over all that time.

BlackDecker

Enlightened

Lithiums are too expensive for my use ... $9.99 for a 4 pack of AAA's at Wal-Mart. I can buy a 4 pack of NiMh AAA's for that price and get hundreds of recharges out of them.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast

They're very expensive in Canada too.

By the way the light is called a L0P (zero not the letter "o" in the middle). Just thought I'd mention it since my search technique for l0p* wasn't finding this thread.

Greg

stopatrain

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help. I'm also wondering if it could damage the lite

to use Lithium batteries?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It won't damage the light,
I don't have a L0P but do have the L1P which uses most of the same parts. Figure that the boost curcuit is putting out less power with the AAA than the AA so heat damage to the curcuit is much less. The Fenix lights have thick barrels and that helps draw the heat away from the Luxeon LED. At the drive level the AAA uses even with lithium, there should never be any heat issues with the LED or curcuitry.
If I did have an L0P, I would feed it either lithiums or NiMH with no fear. My L1P has no problems with either of those batteries so relax and and enjoy better regulation/brightness and runtimes with the E2.

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened
I have been wondering about this too. :shrug: Would using the "new" type of lithium batteries damage the light if it is rated for ordinary alkaline batteries?

Cause I would sure want to use lithium batteries in my light when I visit cold countries or camp out in the forest. (Temperatures really dip in the little hours of the morning)...

tracker870

Enlightened
Yes, and since winters can get somewhat chilly around here, I like to keep the lights loaded with lithiums in my autos.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
-20F?? Wow, and I consider 20 ABOVE zero as being cold. In below zero temps, lithiums would be a wise choice... and life-saving in that instance.

fineday

Newly Enlightened
no problems.
but there may be some problems when using Li-on cells...

lamperich

Enlightened
fineday said:
no problems.
but there may be some problems when using Li-on cells...

absolutly

but that´s a totaly different and exotic batterytyp. if you bought one you should know what you did ;-)

Last edited:

Lightmeup

Enlightened
I asked this question in the Battery forum, but got no answer. Are there any issues with lithium primaries functioning properly in hot conditions? I.e., is it OK to leave them in your car's glovebox in the summer?

LMU

lamperich

Enlightened
Lightmeup said:
I asked this question in the Battery forum, but got no answer. Are there any issues with lithium primaries functioning properly in hot conditions? I.e., is it OK to leave them in your car's glovebox in the summer?

LMU

interessting question!

with lithium primaries you think about the energizer l92 right?
maybe this helps a bit http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/l92.pdf