What's the closest flashlight to a light saber?

shudder

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I know this is a stupid subject line, but what I'm really looking for is a pocket sized (maybe 5 inches or less) LED flashlight that has the tightest, brightest, longest beam out there. I currently own a Surefire E2d and I like it a lot. But I would like an insanely bright LED to add to my soon-to-be-growing collection. I've done some research on this site and I took a look at the Surefire L2 Lumamax. I guess what I want is something that can be used to blind an intruder, but in all honesty, I'm sure its biggest use will be me taking it out to show friends and unnecessarilly light up stuff in my apartment at night... My E2d is bright and I love the build quality. I'm just looking for some suggestions on a brighter, more focused LED version. (Am I correct to assume that something over 100 lumens would be much more intense than my 60 lumen E2d? I've read on the Surefire site that 60 lumens is about the lowest one should go for defensive purposes. Is this accurate?)

As for budget, I'd like not to spend more than $130 or so (the lower the better, if quality is comparable between two different lights).

Any help will be truly appreciated and sorry about all the newbie questions. Thanks.

Macaw

Enlightened
You will have a challenge finding a flashlight with all the features you want given your budget. Ultrabright LEDs are expensive. That Surefire L2 is probably as close as you're going to get for now. Maybe someone can help with this. I'm interested also.:popcorn:

Vortex

Newly Enlightened
The L2 and the L4 are more of a flood type beam. Your E2D will throw much farther than them. If you want blinding power check out flashlightreviews.com and look for the models with the highest throw number.

Check out the Pelican M6 3w.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova's TIROS optical system was designed to deliver a pencil-thin laserlike beam. I'd look at the rechargeable Inova--the something-4 or something-5, I believe. It may be 6 inches long, but it will be within your budget.

If cost didn't matter, I'd suggest that you consider a McLux 38mm reflector in the McLux head designed for it, coupled with a properly binned Lux V.

100 lumens of LED light will be more blinding than 100 lumens of incandescent light. Also, I think that what you seek isn't so much mucho lumens as mucho lumens per square inch of emitter area. I don't know why this distinction isn't made more often.

taiji

Enlightened
not in the 5-inch limit..but if the saber part is more inportant than the 5 -in part.

the Striker is the closest I think to the light saber definition with dimming and strobe capability at $119.00 from Ledlogic. It is 6.5 in long.

LED BriCK

Enlightened
What about the Golston 7W? There's been alot of talk about it, is it starting to fall out of favor?

igabo

Enlightened
Not sure if the beam on the Golston will produce something lite-saber like. Anyway, a really good LED light saber is the Gladius Night-Ops seeing as how it has great throw, along with the Inova X03. Pelican's Sabrelite 2020 LED with recoil reflector is another LED light with great throw (can speak for this myself), producing quite a light saber.

IonFire

Enlightened
A KL3 head maybe something what your looking for.

I suggest this as you already have some surefire parts, this could be adapted to your E-series you have now.

Its not the king of throw, but it does well.

IF