Surefire L2 Led replacement? Modders and people in the know help a newb out :)

fibrizo

Newly Enlightened
I recieved my surefire L2 as a present 2 weeks ago and already I'm thinking it could be brighter and the low beam could be less green.

So I looked and I saw that there were now WW0S 5 watt luxeons availible.

I am told that surefire uses whatever bin they are sent for LEDs so I'm guessing I didn't get the best tint or output one.

So I have some basic questions about a possible LED replacement as I'm kinda clueless about these things.

1. Is is possible to replace the LED in the L2? I'm told it has a dummy head and probably would be possible

2. the L2 is a 5 watt LED, is it a bare emitter or a star inside?

3. Since I don't know the bin on the LED, would the S voltage be ok? or does the L2 use a higher voltage like T?

4. Will the low beam still light up if the LED is replaced?

5. For people who have opened up surefire led lights before, is the emitter epoxied to the light?

6. I know the surefire lights are sealed with something, if the light is opened, and led is changed, will it still be water proof?

7. With all that aside, if this is a possible mod and won't destroy the light or how it works, is there a kind modder out there with some experience with surefire lights and soldering that I could possibly ask to help me with this mod? I have soldering skills of dirt and I think I would just destroy the light, so I'd rather have an experienced individual do it rather than me.

Thanks so much in advance guys.