MiniM*g Bulb Holder do not remove ?

XFlash

Enlightened
Has anyone removed the plastic bulb holder (2 parts), that says do not remove on it, and then put it back in but could not get it to work again.
(Probably why it says not to remove, I know) Is there a trick to getting it to work it looks so simple?
TIA

NextLight

Enlightened
No troubles here. It is easy, and the parts are fairly durable; Just watch out for the two small metal contacts to fall out of the bottom plastic piece if it drops very far. The plus contact installs from the bottom and is semi-captive, but the ground contact is rather loose and will fall out the top of the plastic bottom piece, once you take the assembly apart.

Just pull STRAIGHT up on the loose top piece that says "Do not Remove" This black plastic washer looking piece has 2 perpindecular studs sticking into the plastic base. Strong fingernails, or a DIP IC removal tool will do the trick. I wedge a knife blade into both sides; As I slide the blades in, the blade thickness forces the part straight up.

Last edited:

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had this happen once. It looked like when I was prying up under the "Do Not Remove" part, it forced the bottom part of the sswitch up against the rim too hard and it flattened the metal too much to make contact when reinstalled. I just bent the end up a little and it worked fine.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
If all you are doing is removing the "Do Not Remove" piece, leave the batteries in and the tail piece screwed in......that way the itty bitty "L" shaped brass thingy stays inplace....it's the negative contact!

thezman

Enlightened
hahaha.gif
"Do Not Remove"

That's funny... I normally take that as a challenge.

And I tore the tags off the bottom of my mattress too. I'm such a outlaw...
evilgrin07.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
thezman said:
And I tore the tags off the bottom of my mattress too. I'm such a outlaw...
evilgrin07.gif

"end consumer" is allowed to do that; it's vendors who are not allowed to remove them.

thezman

Enlightened
So they put me in jail for no reason? :rant:

It was an attempt to be humorous, :whistle: I'm aware of the "tag law".

:party:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two options if you have lost the little ground tab contact and can't find it.

1. Buy a dropin sandwich from the sandwich shoppe (see CPF advertisers above).

2. Ask and someone here has some spares from their sandwich mods. They might drop the little thingy in a nice envelope and have the postmaster drop it off at your doorstep for you.

It is best to remove the "do not remove" tab with batteries or a dowel rod stuffed up the body tube to keep parts from flying and rolling everywhere. But now you know that. ;)