Just placed order for my U2 digital ultra!!!

lightmeup81

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I'm steppin up with the big boys now, just placed the order for my surefire U2 digital ultra. weird thing is when I told the guy I wanted to buy the U2 he said which ?U2? would you like I said the digital ultra hope I got the good one :huh2:

anyways it's getting shipped out tommorow with next day delivery for $9.95 s&h
and I should have my new U2 by monday!!!
------------
now every flashaholics favorite thing to do:lolsign:

"Playing the waiting game":whistle:

I hope I win, and thanks to everyone who helped me decide on which flashlight to get.

L8r

Troy

lightmeup81

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have an idea why he asked me which U2 I wanted?

thanks again guys I'll be enjoyin it when it finaly arrives...

a99raptors

Enlightened
Welcome to the club! Enjoy the U2. You might just be pleasantly surprised by how well it feels in the palm of your hands the first time you get it..... :)

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will love the U2.

I have the L1, L2, M2, M3 and the U2 is my favorite light hands down. The adjustability of the light is the best part; it does add to the usefulness of the light. I also got my first experience with a "clickie" tailcap and love it too.

Regarding the other kind of "U2"; I have not seen or heard of any variant that is available.

I did see an article in Popular Science that has a variation of the U2 that Surefire is producing in in limited quantities for military testing in Iraq and Afganistan. That prototype appears to have larger diameter head with a lens and it is ringed with red, white and UV 5 mm LED's.

When it becomes available, I am gonna get it.

-Goatee

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
There are 2 main differences in the original run U2's and the current ones in that the originals had flat surfaces along the sides of the body and the new versions are rounded. There is also a plastic tube that is bonded into the battery tube area on newer ones that prevents some types of rechargeable (Pila) batteries from being used - however, these can be removed. Just do a search here on the forums. There were also some differences in the startup characteristics in that some of the earlier ones do a slight soft start or stepped start when going directly to the higher setting levels. I have one of these.

This is still my favorite light I own even though the LionHeart and M4 are very close seconds.

Enjoy,
Tim
:devil: