Seoul Semi opens online LED orders direct

Opto-King

Newly Enlightened
Hello Newbie,
Thanks for the information about SSCs webshop!

I have tested the 6pin RGB Power LED (F50380) and I must say that this is the best RGB LED I have ever seen. I have also tested their white P3 leds and my apinion is that they are better than both osram and lumileds.
:rock:

rgbphil

Enlightened
Hi Opto-King....you mentioned the F50380 as being the best RGB LED......could you do a little mini-review on what the good points are, esp compared to other RGB modules please?....they do look good from the specs, though there is a lot of green power compared to red (and blue, but that's typical).
Phil

*Retired*
Phil,

You need more green light than red or blue to make white. Consider this as the reason why it has more green... I also have these parts, but have not had a chance to test them. I have the version of their other R, G, B high power part, and it is pretty decent. The close proximity of the die help alot, making the blending of the light to make white, *much* easier than it is with individual LumiLEDs Luxeons.

I'd have to say the efficiency is pretty decent, and you have to under power the Lamina parts to obtain the same efficiency levels.

The RGB OSRAM OSTAR for projectors that they came out with last year is another interesting part, but it suffers alot from low efficiencies when you run them at their rated power levels.

rgbphil

Enlightened
Yep...so it's a 'balanced' RGB module then, like some of the lamina RGB emitters....I've got a couple balanced to a warm white. I queried lamina on this at one stage, and they've got a couple of versions. One balanced and the other not balanced, where you need to have your cct do the mixing for 'white'. Trap for the young players there, check your module ordering codes depending on what you're after.

For RGB lighting effects I'd actually prefer an equal power to all colours, so if I'm in the mood for blue....I get full power blue...and so on. However balanced modules would make colour matching via computation easier I suppose.

Good to hear about the better colour mixing...have you tried focussing either into a reflector or lens? I wonder if a secondary reflector at the primary focus (eg spherical) would be a good way to get a tight, evenly mixed beam. Either with the primary stippled or the secondary. Still looking for a way to avoid a colour fringe around the periphery of a tight RGB beam without loosing too much light in diffusers etc.

Phil

BEpsilon

Newly Enlightened
I would like to try the online store but I want to find out how much they charge for shipping...

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered for about 30 USD LEDs. Finally a total price of 65 USD showed up. They can keep 'em, what a rip-off!

Opto-King

Newly Enlightened
Regarding the SSC online store handeling fee it looks like they charge you $350usd for that. So when I am buying "small" quantities of LEDs I buy them form my local distributor.

Regarding the seccondary optics to the 6-pin RGB power LED, I have heard that there is a lens that mixes the 3 colours together.
But, I don't remember who makes the lens or how much it costs.
*sorry*

glire

Enlightened
Couldn't find the F50380 on zledstore. It seems only few parts are available for online purchase.

glire

Enlightened
Local distributor, what's that ;)

I tried to order some amber LEDs directly from zledstore. At checkout came the HTML page for filling CC info: it was not secured! :mad: (no HTTPS).
I pass...

Last edited: