Looking for 1AA or 1AAA single LED light with a clip.

randyo

Enlightened
If you're only going to buy one AAA light with a clip, and you want one that will last forever, you might as well buy the best available. You're never going to wear it out, it has excellent light output and phenomenal runtime for a AAA light, even on Alkalines. Go for the one that started it all - the ARC AAA-P. Available directly from Arc for $39.95 BUT you suffer the dreaded 8 week wait.
If you're impatient - you can get it immediately for $8 more at Lighthound .

Peak Matterhorn is an equivalent to the ARC, but it doesn not come with a pocket clip.

The little Nuwai has a clip, but is considerably larger than the ARC AAA-P.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like mine? Can't be beat for the money at $5 plus spare parts from a dorcy AAA and a clip from a minimag.

clone1.jpg

Yooper

Enlightened
ARC AAA-P

or get a Fenix L0P and look for a clip for it.

But these are very different lights and you haven't given us much information regarding what you want. The L0P is twice as bright but only lasts a third as long on one battery. Both are expensive. You can get a Nuwai TM-310 for much less, but it's not nearly as nice as either of the above.

Last edited:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
randyo said:
Carbine15 - is that light from that famous Italian designer?

You know the guy -

BUTTUGLIA

That's not very nice. I did some more modifications since that last picture. I ground off the keychain holder so now it stands on it's end for candle mode and i used the rubber grip of a comfort grip pen for the new rubber sleeve. I like this light a lot. Here it is in it's home by my leatherman.

clone002.jpg

lebox97

Enlightened
and you can have 8-12 of these lights for the price of one of those other ones and not worry too much about losing/scratching/breaking one of them? HAH!
:whistle: :sssh:

randyo

Enlightened
Does the rubber grip aid in keeping the light in the side-slot of the Leatherman Wave pouch, or is it just to give you more grip when turning it on/off?
I do like the idea of using the clip to hold the light in a "reverse" carry. I never thought of that! I currently have an extra set of saw blades on one side of my Leatherman Surge pouch, and the "carry slot" on the other side of the pouch is not used because it makes it too hard to get the Surge in and out of the pouch with both sides occupied. However, having only a clip slipped into one side would make it work and I'd be able to carry both the extra blades and a light.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rubber grip is actually so I can hold it I'm my teeth more comfortably. There's plenty of grip to turn it on and off with the aggressive knurling. It's really easy to access and use but putting it back is tough as I have to take out the leatherman to get room clip it back in.. It's not going anywhere though as the clip holds very tightly.

Oh and randyo, I know nothing of this thing you call ,... what was it? Humor? :)

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did you want to use the light for? Is it for carry, clipping to a hat brim, or other use? The use would help refine choices. Clips vary in style (a lot) and usefullness, and I find that sometimes a lanyard works better.

An Infinity would work and that's low budget. Placing a clip on another single cell light wouldn't be hard either, and that doesn't have to mean a new >$50 A or AA light, if you want to save some cash.

Or this could be a good excuse to raid the piggy bank and go for a top shelf light.

Would a Photon work for your needs? I really like the clips they have now. The clip works great, it's small, and the magnets on the bottom of the clip make it quite versitile. Photons are inexpensive and can be simple or complex, depending on which models/accessories.

stopatrain

Newly Enlightened
ARC AAA-P $40 or Nuwai 0.5watt 1xAAA $10.
ARC is worth the $. Much smaller better build quality.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
I'm gonna have to recommend the Coast LED Lenser David 15 (Digi-Tac I) with a minim@g clip. Clip works great, momentary and reliable tailcap, flatter discharge curve and longer runtime than a Fenix L1P, very slightly less output.

jeremycollins

Newly Enlightened
Taste really is subjective, as I really like the looks of Carbine's light.

It looks functional, yet industrial. I like it!

randyo said:
Carbine15 - is that light from that famous Italian designer?

You know the guy -

BUTTUGLIA