Wheres the Sparc from Arc lately....

Status
Not open for further replies.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, with all the hoopla from china and the Peak, how about a little buzz from the company that hit the bullseye on the first shot?

I mean , the new AAA is selling very well, that's great since it incorporates some nice improvements but what about the fans! Givem something to look forward too or at least some kind of hints about what might be coming down the line. Seems like lots of folks want to hear from Arc but the barkers from the other tents are calling them away before the show starts.

How but some leakage about exciting times to come ? Or at least some kind of hint or internet scavenger hunt (there ya go, parts of the puzzle all over the web that spells out the url of the page with info about your next light- offer a free AAA to the first one to get there and enter their name and address).

One thing I'd like to see is 2xAAA and 2xAA based lights in a side by side battery configuration with pocket clips and relocatable lightengine/reflector assembly (from the 'end' to the 'face') so that hands free light can be had clipped to a hat or a pocket.:nana::whistle:

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been working on a new design. It may or may not be exciting when you hear about it soon.

Peter

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it's a luxeon. Maybe a design that is scaleable to take advantage of the upcoming K2 led :) But given the market saturation of Luxeon based lights, coming up with a product that leapfrogs the competition is going to be tough. But if there's anyone that can do it, it's gotta be Gransee.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi, the problem with leakage is that unless judiciously done, it can cause a mess.

One reason I don't own a Peak, for example, is that a new model is hatched every couple months.

icecube

Newly Enlightened
I fail to comprehend the need for a UV ARC.

Then again, I've never figured out why—

I would, however, take a 3x5W Luxeon that runs off a C battery...

GopherbutitmightgobblebatteriesbythedozenGopher

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
While the Arc AAA is a neat little light, I would hardly call it innovative any more, considering what is out there now. For me to be convinced Arc is going to hang around a greater period of time, this go around, I would like to see them be able to meet current demand before allocating resources for new designs. With the mass production and what is coming out of China these days, I would not want to be in the LED design business.

cy

Flashaholic
hey have a little patience please. pretty sure Peter's got more prize winning designs up his sleeve :D

innovators not followers take the greatest risk! betting the farm on one one idea sometimes results in catatophic failure :green:

Last edited:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
D@rk Messenger said:
hopefully he's not going o miss the boat on aaa luxeons!

I just hope that if a AAA on roids is a future Arc product, that Peter doesn't just jump at luxeons. Theres alot of interesting stuff out there from lots of different companies. There maybe something that is a bit more appropriate for spitting out lumens from a AAA battery than the stuff from lumileds.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
K2's VF is too high for now to make a decent light on alkalines.

Status
Not open for further replies.