ORB Raw availability??

Woods

Newly Enlightened
I know John at LightHound and Emillion have carried them....but they're both out of stock at the moment.

:huh:

quokked

Enlightened
I ordered mine on Monday 22/01/06,
Anyone know how long these orders take?
:awman: i want my raw now!

Macaw

Enlightened
There is a delay with the trit lights. Rob has indicated that he will begin shipping on the first week of Feb. This is for the RAW Ns unis. I'm not sure about when he will send out the RAWs. I presume soon after he gets the Trits in. I expect delivery no earlier than the middle of Feb.

wastedagen

Newly Enlightened
Hi, All
I ordered my Raw 23rd Feb and it arrived 25th. But still there is no Trit. Lights avaliable. I called and asked if he could send the Raw out now, which he did, and send the Trit. when they arrive.

He told me he is having trouble with the supply`r in canada.
Hope this helps..............

Delvance

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF Wastedagen :)

*sigh* i ordered an ORB raw with trit in december, and i still don't have it. Email from Rob is saying probably around March before i get it. As Macaw said, delay with the trit vials.

Freedom1955

Enlightened
p10100037bk.jpg

p10100076le.jpg

This light is unbeleivable.:rock:
The run time on high is only 15 minutes but really bright. The runtime on low is close to 7 hours :rock: :rock: .

Last edited:

ow!myeyez

Newly Enlightened
i ordered mine on jan 17...and rob emailed me a couple of days ago that it will be another 2 weeks till they get them in...hmm...im wondering can i put the trits on myself if i ask him to mail them to me??? do they just stick on or something im confused? i thought they were welded in...can someone clarify?

Rob187

Enlightened
I ordered my Raw with a tritium insert in early January and am still waiting. Hopefully the supply problem gets sorted soon...I want my Raw.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
I had emailed lighthound,he said he expected them in this week,2/27/06.But with the reading ive done , orb has had delays getting the tritium vials, so that may also delay lighthound.

quokked

Enlightened
ow!myeyez said:
i ordered mine on jan 17...and rob emailed me a couple of days ago that it will be another 2 weeks till they get them in...hmm...im wondering can i put the trits on myself if i ask him to mail them to me??? do they just stick on or something im confused? i thought they were welded in...can someone clarify?
The Trit vials are stuck in using two stage epoxy glue,
they`re glued into a recessed area that is specially machined in the light.
Speak to Rob and see what options he offers you. He`s very good about these things...

Praxis

Enlightened
I ordered a Raw with the two-stage and tritium from Rob around the first of December. I think it arrived around the third week of January 2006. Worth the wait, it's a cool little light.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really like to know how these compare to Amilite in terms of throw.

-David

ow!myeyez

Newly Enlightened
quokked said:
The Trit vials are stuck in using two stage epoxy glue,
they`re glued into a recessed area that is specially machined in the light.
Speak to Rob and see what options he offers you. He`s very good about these things...

thanks for the info! i always wondered about that...haha. ill email him..thanks again.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
They should be shipping soon, Rob posted a pic of the RAW Ns's today with the trits installed(Manufactures Corner-RAW Ns payments being taken):drool: Ordered a RAW mid-January and a Ns shortly after, can't wait for these lights. All the pics look great and the feedback has been good :rock: .

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
I would really like to know how these compare to Amilite in terms of throw. -David
I thought the Raw would be brighter. I'd like to know if they will ever have U bin LEDs like the original run. I saw here at CPF that the U bin is noticably brighter tha the current T bin? LED. can the RAW be run on regular CR123s?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also wondering if Orb will ever go back to Ubins, and that is the main reason why I haven't ordered one of their Tbin ones yet.
Is there any difference between the Orb Raw and the Raw NS, other than size? The NS is quite a bit more expensive, so I am just wondering.