need recommendations on where to buy a part for a AA mini maglite

aerotive

Newly Enlightened
Howdy. I've lost the clear lens from my AA mini maglite. I've tried to find it locally with no luck. Can someone recommend a reliable online retailer for this part?

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF, aerotive, why dontcha stay awhile!

I had bought my replacement glass lenses from flashlightlens.com, but they don't currently have anything for the Minimag. Flashlightking sells a glass lens, I'd be happier with that, but it does cost 3.5 times more'n the plastic...

welcome again,
daloosh

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the lens and shipping, add in interest on credit card purchase, wouldn't it be more cost-effective to just buy a new one? (Assuming you're in the states ,that is.)

carrot

Flashaholic
The Mini Maglite accessory kit has comes with a clear lens (along with red and blue lenses, an anti-roll rubber bezel cover, and a pocket clip). Pretty cheap, too.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
aerotive,

PM me with your address. I think I have some lenses laying around. I'll send you one.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Lynx_Arc said:
If you want a plastic lens just cut one out of a broken CD case.

Whoa, that's a good tip, never thought of that! Wonder how hard it is to keep the plastic from cracking when you cut it though.

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
i've also got extra lenses if you need them. i bought them from a pack with a maglite, sheath, anti-roll ring, and 3 extra lenses

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I used a scroll saw and an upright belt sander to replace the lense on a rayovac 4AA light I converted to LED. It had a magnifying lense that skewed the 3 LED bulb I made to fit.

InfidelCastro said:
Whoa, that's a good tip, never thought of that! Wonder how hard it is to keep the plastic from cracking when you cut it though.