How much does a mag cost in other countries?

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
After reading some posts from people not from the US, I got to wondering how much more does it cost?

I figure a regular 3D mag in the US goes for around $20. This seems to be a light that most places have, so it could be our benchmark in a way.

How much does it cost for other countries like the UK, Japan, and any other countries that you guys are from.

I just want to get a feel for how much it would cost to be a flashoholic while living somewhere else.

Thanks

CLHC

Flashaholic
Some years ago, we bought a couple of Maglites for relatives in the Philippines since they said that it was EXPENSIVE over there. How much I don't know.

D MacAlpine

Newly Enlightened
The cheapest I've seen a Mag 3D is £14.99 ($25.50), an AA MiniMag £8.99 ($15.30). Both are online prices. But you can get the two together in a blister pack at Costco for £17 ($29).

On the high street you could easily pay £25 ($42.50) for the 3D and £15 for the MiniMag.

We call it "ripoff Britain" (and shop online with companies that ship from abroad...) :rant:

Don

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Toronto, a 3D ranges between the equivalent of $22-$30 US with all taxes included. The best price was at an outdoor products store called Lebaron and the worst price was at Canadian Tire.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
B & Q (a hardware shop in the uk) sells a 2D m@g for about £23, thats about $39!!! I hate the prices of things in England, there is an online knife retailer who charges £460 ( $782) for a Mission folder that cost $300 online!! Sorry for veering off topic, i just dont see why things are so expensive here!
marc

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 3D mag here in Singapore is around US$22 in the cheaper places. I think that's pretty close to prices in the States. Most other places here sell 'em for about US$30+.

But we don't have crazy sales on Mags like in the States. :D

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Austria and Germany:

2AA around € 22,-- = 24,--
2D ... 25 = 30,--
3D ... 30 = 36,--
4D ... 35 = 42,--

dont ask for SF and others :-(

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 3D in Japan will cost from 30$ up to the full retail price of 53$ :shrug:

Meduza

Enlightened
Here in sweden a Mag 3D is about 43$ and a MC is about 138$, and a solitare is about $12

Last edited:

nexro

Enlightened
Over here, a mag3D will cost about $40 while a minimagAA is $22 (box set).
The SF L4 costs $290.

Stream

Enlightened
The retail price of a 3D Mag in Norway is about $55US. In many of the overpriced sports gear stores that you'll find at shopping malls (or at least what passes for a shopping mall in Norway), 2D Mags will cost as much as $55US! AA MiniMags usually retail for around $30 - $36US. And a Mag Solitaire will cost you about $22.50US.

ZeissOEM2 wrote:
.... a Magcharger goes for 170$ in Norway.

A SF U2---360$
Where'd you find a SF U2 for $360? Is this online. I've tried finding Norwegian online retailers for Surefire, but there doesn't seem to be any. The only place I know of that sells (or used to sell) Surefires is a small specialty store in Oslo called Top Secret. They mostly sold the Pelican M6 incandescent (for about $120US), but hey also had what looked like a SF 6P for about $150US. The 6P retails for about $56 in the US! :shakehead

Last edited:

Germ

Enlightened
Would there be any problem with someone travelling from the US overseas and taking some lights with them to sell? I wonder if there is a limit on how many you could take.

Would the board mind if you announced a trip and took orders? Seems like a good way to offset some of the trip and still save people money on the other side.

the_beast

Newly Enlightened
Germ said:
Would there be any problem with someone travelling from the US overseas and taking some lights with them to sell? I wonder if there is a limit on how many you could take.

Would the board mind if you announced a trip and took orders? Seems like a good way to offset some of the trip and still save people money on the other side.

Taking stuff into the UK, you are limited to £145 (approx $250) of goods. Which will buy a good few of the smaller target/walmart lights but not very many of the more exotic SFs etc. However you do have the advantage that nobody in customs will believe you if you told them the retail alue of half the lights you were trying to fly in :naughty: . I don't know the duty limits for other countries though. You might get charged with importing without paying the proper duties though if you turned up with multiple lights in retail packaging and be charged/fined for that.

_q_

Newly Enlightened
Poland: also quite high prices.

3D Mag - 45$,
Gerber IU - 41$,
U2 - 390$,
G2 - 50$.

Online shops in US with int'l shipping are blessing (but there are extra charges if you order for more than 50$ and get cought).