• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: KT4 with WX1T Turbo LED Module - SOLD!

wquiles

Flashaholic
This is my KT4 with my own WX1T TurboHead LED Module (powered by a DB1000).

This is an used combo, used on my old M4, and recently on my M6. The KT4 I bought used and came to me with a small tiny nick on one side, and a very hard to see small nick/scratch on the glass lens (which does not affect at all the beam). I did open the bezel once to try and see if the scratch was actually dirt on the other side, so the plastic retaining ring has a small scratch that "I" gave it.

The WX1T module is very bright and I have run it with either two RC123 cells (although it does not last in regulation much), three RC123, and four RC123 cells - which is the maximum voltage the DB1000 will take. I have recently ran the module in the M6, which of course has a high current 3xRC123 voltage which gives it a very nice and long run in regulation ;).

The LED module has glow powder mixed with epoxy on the tip, which looks very cool at night once the light has been turned off.

As I found out first hand, these modules don't transmit heat to the body very well when used with a shock-ioslated bezel since the reflector (who gets all of the heat from the LED module, literally floats and has very poor thermal path to the head. I expoxied an outer spring to the LED module and coated it with Artic Alumina thermal grease (not the epoxy, of course) and also lightly coated the mating surface on the M4 or M6 and this gives it a much improved thermal path to the body, which of course prolongs the life of the LED module.

I am pricing the head with the LED module, and if I get no takers, then I will consider spliting up. Again, first priority goes to the combo, so don't ask how much for the LED module or the KT4 for now.

To prevent any problems with whom should get what, the first person who posts here with "I will take it", with no additional conditions, changes, suggestions, questions, will get it. This will take precendence over any PM's or any prior interest/questions. So if you post with a question and a person later says "I will take it", the second person gets it.

I am not interested in any trades, and only take Paypal (cash or credit, same price). Price for the combo is $200 even, and that includes s/h in the CONUS only, and includes insurance as well.

NOW REDUCED TO $180 for the combo, still including s/h/insurance CONUS. => SOLD !!!

Thanks for looking,
Will

Turbo LED Module on left, standard lamp module on right:
IMG_2517.JPG

This is the actual combo for sale:
IMG_2525.JPG

Here is how it looks on my own SF M6 (SF M6 "not" included!):
IMG_2528.JPG

Here is a shot of the combo head/LED module next to my U2 (U2 not included either):
IMG_0381.JPG

Although not in focus, here is the glow powder at night:
IMG_2522.JPG

Here is a shot of the fresly coated LED module ready to be installed on head:
IMG_2523.JPG

Here is the small scratch on the plastic retaining ring on the bezel:
IMG_2524.JPG

Here is the small nick on the side of the KT4. Not much, but here in the forums we beleive in full disclosure:
IMG_2526.JPG

Beamshot in a hallway, at about 20 feet or so. Notice the nice, even hotspot and the decent side beam on the walls. Being an "X1" tint, there is a hint of green on the beam as expected:
IMG_2530.JPG

Here is a G2 with a BOG 3W module modded by me with a UX1L LuxIII running with the stock driver on two Rechargable CR123 cells:
IMG_0396.JPG

Here is my L6 (modded for 1A):
IMG_0400.JPG

U2 on high:
IMG_0398.JPG

And finaly, here is my M4 with the TurboHead and an LED module (the combo being sold):
IMG_0402.JPG

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Re: FS: KT4 with WX1T Turbo LED Module

I must say, this is tempting indeed... :thinking:

My compliments on an extraordinarily well presented sale thread, the last beamshot is a real clincher! Just seeing the amount of illumination of the archway and the chandelier is so striking. I know firsthand what a killer sidespill producer this is, as I am lucky to have an ARCMania T Module, very similar to yours. Since I already have one I'm trying to fight back the flashaholic urges of "1 is good, 2 even better", but my friend Alan H could really use something like this. Great job, Will, on the items and the presentation!

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very interesting it is, that is what I have been wanting to do to my M6.

wquiles

Flashaholic

Lunarmodule said:
I must say, this is tempting indeed... :thinking:

My compliments on an extraordinarily well presented sale thread, the last beamshot is a real clincher! Just seeing the amount of illumination of the archway and the chandelier is so striking. I know firsthand what a killer sidespill producer this is, as I am lucky to have an ARCMania T Module, very similar to yours. Since I already have one I'm trying to fight back the flashaholic urges of "1 is good, 2 even better", but my friend Alan H could really use something like this. Great job, Will, on the items and the presentation!
Thanks much :eek:

Yes, the last picture takes it home - this LED/Reflector combo has both sidespill and trow :)

Will

AlanH

Enlightened
Re: FS: KT4 with WX1T Turbo LED Module - reduced

Without wishing to be a pain in the a@* !

I know NOTHINg about these modules....In my normal day to day use of lights, if it ain't bright, it don't make the flight.

If this can be used on my M4, to give that a lease of life, if Steve thinks I 'NEED' it, then obviously I do. Put him on commission though.

So therefore I guess if the above answer is yes, 'I'll take it '

PM later with details.

Regards

Alan

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice snag Alan,
It will work on the M3, M4, and M6 I believe.
It is bright and will make the flight.
Will has priced it fairly as well, the SF KT4 alone retails at $178.

AlanH

Enlightened

Thanks, I have to confess, I'm starting to appreciate LED's a bit more but in truth, if Steve thought of me, it would be for a good reason, maybe I haven't twigged it yet.

How's the 12ZM saga ?

Alan

wquiles

Flashaholic

Alan, the answer is yes. It will work perfect with the M3, M4, and M6. The key is the batteries that you use. As long as you have a "little" bit more voltage than the "T" vf voltage of the LED, you will be in regulation, so with 3 primaries (M3T) up to 4 primaries (M4) you will be set.

With LiIon rechargables is a little bit more tricky since two 4.2VCells have about enough for a little bit on regulation, then it will be on DD, slowing dimming - no biggie, but good to know. It works best with 3 or 4 LiIon cells, but remember that 4 cells is the absolute maximum.

On the M6 is even better becuase the effective voltage is of 3 cells, but the parallel nature of the 6xcell holder gives it even longer runtimes.

Your info says you are in the UK. I am definitely willing to sell and ship to you, but I can't sent it for free insured to the UK at the $180 price. We can work it out over PM's and figure out a good reasonable charge for shipping to you.

Let me know as soon as you can :)

Will

AlanH

Enlightened

Thanks for the info, I think I'll use it on either an M3 or an M4.
Will it run with 2 x 150s in the M3 ok. I am slowly trying to change my hard use lights to rechargeable, I get fed up importing primaries.

PM me the info for PayPal, with the shipping price and I'll get the payment made.

Regards

Alan

wquiles

Flashaholic

Alan,

Just sent you a PM :)

EDIT: Yes, it will run out of two PILA150S cells (on the M3) or two PILA168S (on the M4), but you will only be in regulation for a short while and then a slowly decreasing DD, until the over-discharge protection circuit on the PILA's kicks-in. Just remember that the higher the voltage (up to about 16V or so) the longer the Turbo LED will stay in regulation ;)

Will

Last edited: