L1P EDC'ers chime in (Lens Scratch Resistance)

Danny62381

Newly Enlightened
As the title states, How scratch resistant is the lens? I'm thinking of ditching the belt pouch and carrying it loose in my pocket, but I'm kindah scared to. Any opinions greatly appreciated!

Tremendo

Enlightened
I've only had it a few weeks, but I carry my L1P loose in my front pocket with my Benchmade knife (clipped) and a Fisher Space Pen. No problems nor scratches yet, and I'm not thinking there will be, unless I jam it into something. There's that 3mm or so edging sticking out around the lens, I've not even worried about it.

IonFire

Enlightened
Is it, Plastic or Glass?

If plastic, it will accumulate scratches easier then glass imho.

If concerned, could try what i do, i use Automotive Vaccum caps and Heater bypass rubber plugs and such from various places to protect lenses an switches on my pocketed lights.

Works like a charm, i did this not only to protect, but keep clean.

In fact, every smaller light i own, has caps on the ends, even my SF's.

IF

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing you can do "ease" your concern of the lens getting scratched is to put the clip from a Gerber Infinity Ultra on your L1P (...if you have one). I carry mine clipped bezel-down to the inside of my left front jeans pocket. The clip fits the L1P like it was made for it, and you can attach it bezel-up or bezel-down! FYI...

PJD

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I'm more concerned about the wear and tear on the anodizing. It's just coming off at the edges after a few months going up against a pocket knife clipped to the pocket edge and ~$3 in quarters and dimes.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AR will come off, but it's more like "cleaning marks" on camera lenses..it's not pretty..but hey, it happens