Nuwai QIII

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spongebob, what continent are you on?
Shipping to and from different north and south hemispheres and east/west can rule out some dealers for lowest price but not best service. Please consider a dealer who backs up their product even if you are half a world away.

vic303

Enlightened
I've dealt with Amondo & LED Experimenter (here on CPF). Been happy with both sellers.

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, I will call Amondo and get one on the way today. The other place does not list a phone #. If something goes wrong with the order you can't just pick up the phone and call and it can be a couple days between emails or longer depending on how busy the person is.

BTW I am in the US, Georgia

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes appearances can be deceiving. I think you'll probably find that LED Experimenter is going to be a bit more responsive (at least that was my experience,) and he's active on this site somewhat regularly as well. Never had to wait a couple of days for a response from him, even on the weekends. I think you may also find that you might be able to save a few bucks in the overall cost of the Q3 from him as well.

Spongebob said:
Thanks guys, I will call Amondo and get one on the way today. The other place does not list a phone #. If something goes wrong with the order you can't just pick up the phone and call and it can be a couple days between emails or longer depending on how busy the person is.

BTW I am in the US, Georgia

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
The first link given to me was a place called Lighthound not LED Experimenter.

Anyway I could not decide so I decided to give them both business. I ordered a black QIII from Amondo and a titanium from Lighthound. Does anyone know where Lighthound is located so I can get an idea of how long shipping time will be. Amondo is in CA but I requested priority mail so im hoping by end of the week. UPS is so slow from the west coast, last two packages from CA to GA took a minimum of 7 days.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, I was just on the Lighthound site. They're in one of the Houston suburbs. So it should arrive a little faster.

Spongebob said:
The first link given to me was a place called Lighthound not LED Experimenter.

Anyway I could not decide so I decided to give them both business. I ordered a black QIII from Amondo and a titanium from Lighthound. Does anyone know where Lighthound is located so I can get an idea of how long shipping time will be. Amondo is in CA but I requested priority mail so im hoping by end of the week. UPS is so slow from the west coast, last two packages from CA to GA took a minimum of 7 days.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option is the Nuwai ALX-2611X (there is a test of it on flashlightreviews.com). The reason I bring it up is that it is also sold by Sharper Image for about $25, and there are Sharper Image stores around the country.

I have one of them, and also a QIII. I like the QIII just fine, but the Sharper Image light has a tighter spot and seems to throw farther.

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Got an email from lighthound about 15 min after I placed the order that said light would ship tomorrow and I will get another email once it does. Got a similar one from Amondotech about the same time. A+ to both thus far.

Now the torture of waiting for my new toys.

Now someone go to the trade forum and take the X5 off my hands.

vic303

Enlightened
Spongebob said:
Now the torture of waiting for my new toys.

I know what you mean! I just ordered an AXL-233C from Amondo and can't wait to see how it is! I'm hoping to see it Friday or Saturday. They seem to ship USPS Priority and that's pretty speedy to DFW.

luigi

Enlightened
Maybe this should go in the cheers & jeers section but after a couple of transactions I'm almost sure nothing can go wrong with Lighthound, I wish they had anything I have to buy, life would be very easy then :)
PS: Never dealt with Amondotech so they can be as good as lighthound, I'm just saying a +1 for lighthound but that doesn't mean I'm comparing.

Luigi

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Thus far Lighthound has impressed the heck out of me. Perfect email communications and the light shipped the next day the order was placed.

Amondotech on the other hand has not replied to an email I sent 24 hrs ago regarding why my order # will not pull up on the website. But I do have a phone # so they will be getting a call today.

And stop torturing me by telling me how great the QIII is untill I at least get one :scowl: