Fun shooting video...

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I dealt with Army ordnance folk, they seemed to share the opinion that the M60 machine gun could stand some improvement, and indeed it has since been replaced by the FN built M240B machine gun which is very nice indeed. However, it looks like some folk were able to upgrade the M60 quite a bit, as shown in this video . Impressed me..

Banshee

Enlightened
WOW...

Now that is some supression fire! Guaranteed to keep your enemies head down while you make a flanking move on 'em!
1:45 in combat is darn near a lifetime!

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
They probably need a new barrel after that.

I'd be happy to sweep up that pile of brass for them.

John Browning did something similar for the army when he demonstrated his .30 cal MG many, many years ago. He fired something like 15k rounds continuously without a failure.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
bjn70 said:
They probably need a new barrel after that.
John Browning did something similar for the army when he demonstrated his .30 cal MG many, many years ago. He fired something like 15k rounds continuously without a failure.
I'm guessing that was a water cooled MG. I don't think any air cooled medium MG could do that without a barrel change.

Luxman

Enlightened
WOW! That was 850 rnds and they need a new barrel at 15k. I don't think its water cooled. Thay have super materials now days..

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
nerdgineer said:
I'm guessing that was a water cooled MG.
Oops. I meant the original John Browning 15K round trial like 90 years was water cooled - I think I saw a picture of it. The gun in the video is clearly an air cooled M60...