NEW Lightvision APC mods

Corona

Enlightened
Here the URL (to PDF file). It's too much stuff to post, and this way is is more easily portable to other forums, etc. BTW feel free to propagate this :D

This was a lot of work and I hope it's worth it for CPF members. As I do not have a working laser to try these mods on, feedback on these mods is important.

Props to HD58PHD (Mike) for the driverboard loan so I could get this done.

Also, photo credits to KaneB... for the assembled module images. Saved me a little time there...

Anyway, here it is

EDIT - Revised PDF and link due to haste-borne errors (thanks KaneBlendend for noticing and letting me know). and again due to experimental results (thanks pinball for acting as beta tester). Rev2 is the current version. Removed all previous revisions from FTP site.

http://members.core.com/corona1/4rum/Lightvision_APC_mods_R2.pdf

Last edited:

pinball

Newly Enlightened
wow corona,
that looks like a rock-solid peace of reverse engineering :drool:
you rock !!:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:
i'll gonna try this mod out as soon as i get my new soldering iron ( toasted my last one) and let you know the results.:devil:

greetz and many thanks!!!:naughty:

Last edited:

KaneBlendend

Newly Enlightened
Holy crap I didn't realize this was such a complicated board!! Excelent job, very well done, and appreciated SO very much! You are my new hero! LoL

Corona

Enlightened
*bump*

Hero or not, I screwed the pooch pretty badly in haste to get it done. Last night I fixed it though, and restored the link to the new version.

Thanks to pinball and Kaneb... for being guinea pigs ;-)

I'm sure if I missed anything this time, I'll hear about it

Corona

Enlightened
Bump again, after pinball helped debug the modifications with actual hardware. Kudos to pinball!

His pointer is operating now, after both mod stages, with APC control - at about 360mA and greatly increased output.

New improved rev, new link, proven now, etc.