Fujiyama Peak light, any good?

Rifter

Enlightened
Im thinking of getting a Fujiyama to replace my Failing ARC AAA for EDC in the city. What are your opinions of this light? i would get the 3 LED HP version. Thanks!

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have this light, but I figure it would really take some getting used to after using an Arc AAA- the Arc can fit on a key chain and dissappear, while the Fujiyama, at over twice as long, is more like carrying a fairly large pen around.

IMHO, if I were to go with something of that size, I'd consider more power than a 5mm LED offering. The River Rock (or Nuwai) 2AAA light uses a .5 watt LED and is roughly the same size- with much greater output if you don't mind the bluish tint, for only $10.
There are several other lights out right now that offer a brighter output to size ratio: None of the Fenix series (even the L2P) is vastly larger than the Fujiyama, yet all will be brighter. The L0P is only a fraction larger than the Arc.
If you wait a week or two, Peak themselves will be releasing a Luxeon 1AAA light called the Pacific- no doubt it will be very nice (and bright), and perhaps a 2AAA version will come down the pike as well.

Just out of curiousity, why is your Arc AAA failing? If you explain the problem, I'm sure other CPF'ers (or Peter Gransee himself) could offer solutions or potentially even a replacement. Peter stands by his lights.

Rifter

Enlightened
Well my arc has this problem when it turns on half the time it goes to moon mode and will not go fully on, even if i keep turning on and off. But then 5 min later it will work fine. I have literally tried everything to fix this problem(cleaning and regreasing the threads, sanding the terminals, every brand of battery i know of, rechargeables, lithiums, etc. Also since the Fujiyama has three 5mm LED's at least the one i was going to order will wouldnt that make it three time as bright as my arc? Thats more than enough for me for EDC, i usualy have a Inova X5T on me as well. As for returning my arc lets just say after the whole arc going bankrupt and reforming has not left me with ANY confidence in the company.

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
I doubt that the three LED fuji is going to be outclassed by the River Rock, my friend. I have both the UP three LED matterhorn (1XAAA, not two), and the RR, and the peak puts out more light than the RR easily, and for almost as long on a lithium, though it is a lot more floody. Far better for close range. The RR has more throw, and a nice spill too, but the construction is. . . not comparable. Not crummy, mind you, but not bombproof either. Anyhow, I think more people need to buy the Fuji so we can get more opinions! Get on it, people. :laughing:

Last edited: