Golston "Cooler Shape"

shudder

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know whether you can fit a click tailcap to the end of the Golston "cooler shape" 7W flashlight? I searched the Golston threads but can't seem to find anything about this. Maybe I'm just missing it. I really want one of these after all the discussions and like the "cooler" shape but will miss the click switch...

Thanks in advance!

cnee

Newly Enlightened
The Golston 7W do come with clickie switch, the "reversed" clickie. If that's what you don't like about (like myself), I did a crude mod to fit a Kroll switch in the original tailcap. It's fairly simple...

First, unscrew the original switch assembly from the Golston tailcap. If you look inside the tailcap, the one size thread goes all the way on the inside of the tailcap. Take a Kroll swith wrap it with enough alumimum foil (it's easier if you fold the foil to a good thickness first) so that it would fit into the tailcap tight. Now, just screw the foil-wrapped Kroll switch all the way in. That's it. It's crude but works nicely.

shudder

Newly Enlightened
According to the website, the "cooler shape" Golston (the one that has the scalloped bezel) does not come with a click switch, only a twist type. I know the regular one does, but I didn't know if anyone who got the other "cooler" shape version knew if any click switches fit it. But thanks for the info on the regular one. I don't know enough about the reverse click type to know if it bothers me or not. I have a Surefire E2d and do like that switch...

cnee

Newly Enlightened
Oh, I didn't know they already have another version of the 7W out. I thought you were talking about the original version.

Anyway, the "reverse" clickie doesn't have the momentary on feature while you lightly press the switch when the light is OFF. Instead, it has the momentary off effect if you lightly press the switch while the light is ON.

Latest posts