Fenix L2p- WOW

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
All i can really say is wow. I know it may seem unrealistic, compared to what other people say, as well as flashlightreviews output, but my fenix l2p is putting out ATLEAST 2 times as much light as my l1p. I'll get some pictures tommarow when it's dark. or when i wake up. whichever. this thing is bright, and i saw its regulation. I love this light.

I'm running the l1p on a fresh lithium cell. the l2p is on 2 nimh.

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW.

WOWOWOWOW. If the fenix l1p got that much hype, the l2p should be getting a lot more.

Even though hype is bad. But the l2p should have been hyped.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the L2P gets 4hrs solid max brightness on NiMH. It's one if not the best 2AA flashlight.

The L1P got the hype because it's unique (1aa luxeon done right) and more EDC'able which a lot of people on here like.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Like Isaac said, the L1P got more press because it broke new ground. A 2AA Lux light is not quite as ground-breaking. Not saying the L2P isn't a great light, either.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, the L2P should have received more hype (like L1P), but the fact that it is a little large to pocket carry is the reason that it didn't.
I want to see pics of yours beside each other. I have both lights and they are VERY similar in output. You can tell a difference, but it isn't a huge one.
Flashlightreviews and Ledmuseum had the same results, in that the L2P was a little brighter than the L1P, but not very much overall.

stopatrain

Newly Enlightened
The L1P looses brightness fast while the L2P stays bright for almost

2hr. on alkaline and 5hr. on lithium.

TenPin

Newly Enlightened
Is there a better 2AA light than the L2P available? I bought one because I couldn't find anything better.

spyderknut

Enlightened
I got my Fenixes today. L1P and L2P package from Amondotech. They are very nice I agree. I have a Streamlight Jr. Luxeon. Hot spot is a little bigger on the SL but the spill is MUCH nicer on the Fenixes. Overall brightness of the Fenixes stradde that of the SL. I like the clickie on the SL better but it can't stand on end.

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
I've run the L2P on lithiums and it's just TOO bright for close up work, imho but it throws about 50 feet and with the belt sheath, it's my EDC.

I think they should've designed the six-sided edges in the center out enough (maybe 1/16") so the flashlight can't actually roll. Maybe in a future incarnation.

Great AA flashlight!

Andy

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
Kalinux, thanks. Fixed them. And also, i dont know how to work very well with my camera settings, but the difference a fair amount more than in the picture.

I was just suprised. really really amazing light! the regulation kicks butt. Alothough i ordered some new NiMH cells, and i swear, they didnt last that long (i charged them only once, i think they just need to go through a few cycles)

If this was the first light i ever bought, i probably woudlnt have come back to this forum :)

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am definitely not very impressed by this flashlight at all. Not enough output compared to much more compact lights on the market. The L1 might be a winner in its class, but this newer one is a major let down.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
I think we all do. some people may pay an extra five dollars or more for a good regulator in the l1p. even though it would cause battery life to be shorter.

But than you could just carry two batteries =)

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a thought here. Maybe your L1P is a little on the weak side compared to some L1Ps, making the L2P to appear much brighter. Also if you got an extra bright L2P as well, this would make the difference even more.

See this thread. Several people said their L1Ps were not nearly as bright as mine- this is just the luxeon lottery.

I'm not saying this is the case here, just thought I'd throw it out there for what it's worth.