Had my first LED failure.....Nite Ize conversion.

WDR65

Enlightened
I picked up a Nite Ize LED conversion kit for one of my minmag's this summer at Bass Pro Shops. I didn't use it much except as a backup light and ended up putting some energizer lithiums that hardly had enough juice to power another minimag with a higher output bulb. After a few weeks of off and on use I noticed that one of the LED's had burnt out. It was still fairly bright and useful and then the other evening I turned it on for a minute and realized that another one had failed. I guess the lithiums were too much for it. No biggie as I don't need it, but any ideas about what might have happened?

Last edited:

NextLight

Enlightened
Hmmm. I would not expect 2 lithium primaries should be a problem. I have had three conversions running on single Li-Ions (~4.2V max which IS over the design Vmax, vs. your 3.5V max) with no problems yet. Will you risk $5 on another Nite-Ize, in the spirit of true Hotwiresmanship?

WDR65

Enlightened
I just might.....and I might run two fresh lithiums also to see if anything happens. I think I'll run to wally world tomorrow and see if I can't find another module.