On ARC-AAA how do ya remove L.E.D. & ckt board ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The metal seems to be crimped all the way around the board holding it in. So if you want to upgrade to a better L.E.D. , is there a trick to it ?

EDIT : Sorry , just noticed I prob.should have put this in flashlight electronics . maybe moderator can move it if nec.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I've done "a couple" of these :crazy: It is one *scary* mod! If all goes well the results may be rewarding. However, if anything goes wrong (and, believe me, a lot of little things can), your ArcAAA is gone forever. :(

The link Robban gave you is the best resource. I'd don't recommend you do it. A dead ArcAAA in your hands is not something you want to have... :(

cy

Flashaholic
mod away, only don't hurt your working ARC AAA head.

I've got sets of one new uncrimped head and one dead loaded head for $16 shipped conus. Please PM if interested

most times problems is bad ground, so you can get the dead head going again. but no promises

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robban said:
Actually the Arc part of the forum might be more appropriate ;)

Here's some info. Don't expect it to be easy.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/89545

:awman: Thanx Robban , I had forgotten about the Dealer/ARC part of the forum. I'm still a little new on here. I went to your links , read enough to agree it's not easy and beyond my patience level. Won't be attempting a mod. / thanx for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.