• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS - Lux III emitters and stars *ALL SOLD*

edison

Enlightened
[size=+2]- ALL SOLD -[/size]
All of them are binned TWOJ. I know the binning is accurate on the emitters because they were bought from a reputable seller here on CPF who listed them as TWOJ. Also, I had custom work done on a light and used an emitter that I bought along with these two. Anyway, I'm convinced the binning is accurate since the output of the light is very TWOJish. :grin2: And of course, the stars have the bin code printed on the back.

I don't think I'll ever use these for anything, so here they are for sale. All four of them are new.

$10 each, or all four of them for $30 (shipping included)
I can only take cash PP and mail within the CONUS.

Thanks for looking.
[size=+2]- ALL SOLD -[/size]

Last edited:

flex76italy

Enlightened
Re: FS - Lumileds Lux III emitters and stars

I'll take all 4 if you ship in italy and accept cc pp.
Let me know.

:thanks:

edison

Enlightened

Um, would anyone be willing to help us complete this transaction? :shrug:

Even though my post states CONUS and cash PP, I'm willing to try and work something out here.

I don't have a PP account that can accept CC payments, but if flex76italy would be willing to pay for the extra percentage charged for that type of transaction would someone be willing to pass the funds onto me in the form of cash PP?

I'd be willing to send you a couple fauxton lights for your trouble.......

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

Edison,

From what I can recall, it is absolutely free to upgrade your Paypal account to the Premier or whatever they call it which lets you receive credit card payments, but the fee is assessed on your end per transaction. If you have the purchaser add on the fee amount beforehand, it works out to just like cash and you dont have to pay a subscription fee/annual due or whatnot for the added capability of the upgraded account, thats the main thing. I ran into this when someone wanted to send me a CC paypal for a light and I was unsure of what to do, was afraid of upgrading the account meaning paying to get other features I didnt really need, not the case. Cost me nothing to upgrade the account, and cash PP sent to me worked just like before, same email address. Some folks specifically have dedicated cash and credit card PP accounts, but I decided to just go ahead with the free "upgrade" and keep the same address.

Totally (almost) OT but my 2 cents (WITH added fee) Personally, I think the fee is ridiculous, they are making a ton of money (profit) when I see their actual cost from brokering a credit card transaction must be miniscule (<1%). It almost makes me think of a cashier or retail clerk insisting on a 3% "tip" for the service of sliding your card through the credit card reading machine/register. The computers handle the "finances", its all bits and bytes of data, but it wouldnt work if there wasnt someone to slide the card or punch the buttons, so why not charge a "fee" for that modest "service". Sorry, just got on a rant... Just trying to help.

If you cant upgrade your account for some reason, I am willing to broker it for you, NO FEE for me! Just have flex76italy send me the CC paypal and I'll forward you the cash PP. Have him multiply the total by 1.03. PM me for my PP address if you want to do this, or send email (even faster).

Last edited:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can send cash too and I know Samuele quite well.
Just let me know if you need my help. :)

flex76italy

Enlightened

Lunarmodule, Icarus,

many thanks for the help :bow: :grouphug:

we wait the reply from edison

:wave:

thezman

Enlightened

From what I understand of Paypal is you can use a CC to pay for stuff and remain at the Personal acct level (no fees involved).

But if you agree to accept payment from a credit card, your acct will be upgraded to Premier and they charge 2.9% + 30 cents for each payment received transaction.

And there is no going back to the same Personal acct once you accept a CC payment. Everytime you receive payment, cash or CC, you will be charged 2.9% + 30 cents.

This is probably why some guys have two seperate accts.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

Flex76italy,

Email sent and awaiting your payment. Glad to help. Suggest you ship them to Freddy instead and have him make a nice quad ;)

Icarus,

Thanks for the assist/offer. Always glad to see that avatar!

Edison,

Standing by for Flex76italy's response

thezman,

I might be missing something here, but for some reason I have yet to be charged any fee for receiving cash payments with my Premier account. The fee is automatically calculated and deducted with CC payments, but I havent seen that for cash payments. All cash transactions I've done have been without fees, otherwise I'd go apopleptic ;)

thezman

Enlightened

Lunarmodule,

I just opened a PP acct so I could buy stuff here at CPF. I opened a Personal acct and have used my CC to buy stuff. I haven't received any form of payment from anyone yet, so I don't know for sure if what I typed above is 100% accurate. :thinking:

If you go to PP's home page and look at the fee schedule for a Premier acct, there is nothing that says cash is free and CC is with a fee. It's just 2.9% +.30 for received funds. I guess I'll call them tomorrow.

I'm an import from AR15.com and most guys over there hate PP because of their affiliation to Ebay and them being anti 2nd amendment.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

Edison,

I just received the Paypal from Flex76italy and immediately forwarded the cash payment to your address. Sorry it took so long, between 3 very different time zones it finally clicked. Let me know (email) if everythings OK. Glad to help out.

Check out Samuele's quad mod here, really nice!

;)

edison

Enlightened
All sold. Thank you, flex76italy. :)

Thanks to Lunarmodule for helping with the payment; and the others that offered their assistance.