Looking for flashlights Shops in Malaysia

alvin70

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Was wondering if any of you guys know where i may find shops that sells various brands of flashlights for example, Surefire, Inova, Pelican, Streamlight, Arc etc.... in Malaysia, preferbly Kuala Lumpur or Penang. At the same time how are the prices compare to S'pore. Can the flashaholics in Malaysia kindly help me out in my above request, thanks a million in advance, :thanks:

nexro

Enlightened
Hi Alvin,

If you're looking for SF and Inovas, these are available at Ace Hardware stores at major shopping malls such as Midvalley Megamall and Ikano. They are very pricey though, so lookout. I'm not sure about the prices in Sg, so I can't tell you more. However, prices in Msia are typically twice as much as the retail price stated in SF's website. However, you do get a 'local' warranty.

Pelicans can be bought from TCE Sports (opposite Sunway Pyramid) and some other sport stores. Never seen any Arc for sale in Msia yet :p

alvin70

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a million, nexro. I was just making some enquiries for my bro-in-law. He was here for the CNY holidays and i've managed to get him a Inova T3 from a collector locally to start off at a great deal, he was so happy that he intend to get the Surefire 9P or Z2, so was wondering where are they available locally in M'sia and somewhat their cost, from wht i understand, imported products cost at least 33% - 40% more bcoz of their tax, sure is high if you ask me, anyway will forward this info to him soon, once again, much appreaciated.

alvin70

Newly Enlightened
Looking for Fenix in S'pore

Hi guys, was wondering, where can i get Fenix flashlights in S'pore, thanks a million in advance, :thanks:

Regards,

alvin

NotEnoughLight

Enlightened
Re: Looking for Fenix in S'pore

Try PMing CEJ. I think he has all of the fenix models but it's a question of how many he has left right now.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
How's the flashlight selection look in the Singaporean version of Carrefour?

They have gaggles of awesome lights in the Carrefour in Tokyo by the Makuhari Messe train station. Unfortunately the last time I was there was before my affirmed realization of torch addiction.

a99raptors

Enlightened
Surefires are quite easily obtainable around Ace Hardware stores and few others (check out tropicalequipment.com) The selling price is around 8 times that of the surefire.com listed prices. If you can afford them, well and good. If you can wait, I recommend you order directly from the Internet.

(Although Surefires can withstand hurricanes and IEDs, not too sure about Pos Malaysia :lolsign: but so far so good.... still waiting for 11 day old delivery though.....)

Last edited:

alvin70

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for thinking so highly of S'pore but i beg to differ, the prices in SG are still kind of expensive, IMO. After conversion, u'll still have to add another 10% - 25% depending on models and whether u know the right person but comparing to M'sia, of course its much cheaper. Another option would be purchasing it from a local collector if u don't mind second hand merchandise, the best thing about it is u''ll also get to know another CPFer's and able to share ur common interest.:)

Regards,

alvin

a99raptors said:
I think the prices of Surefire in Singapore are converted directly from USD. No taxes and such.