Lost battery charger auto adapter

TBY

Newly Enlightened
I have the old Rayovac PS4 (1 hour battery charger). Originally it came with the adaptor cord for vehicles. I seem to have misplaced it. Does anyone know where I can get another without buying the whole thing? Thanks...

Zigzago

Enlightened
I would try calling their customer service number 1-800-237-7000.

When I bought my 15 minute charger I called this number and they sent me the car cord for free even though there was supposed to be a $5 handling charge.

They may not give you one, but they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Of course, Ray-o-vac was bought out by another company last year, so for all I know they don't even have a customer support number anymore.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If you are good at soldering you can buy a nokia 12v adapter and rewire it to bypass the charger circuitry. I think the plug on it fits the rayovacs.

TBY

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice guys. I e-mailed Rayovac last week through their website. So far, no response. I may as well call them, but have been pretty busy lately. If that does not work out, I will either try to modify something as suggested, or just get something new.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I was wrong about the nokia charger plug, it is the right size OD (outside diameter) but too tiny on the ID (inside diameter). If you cannot come up with something perhaps I can rig up something as I bought the right plug from radio shack and later found a cord that fit and also purchased a second 1 hr rayovac charger with a car cord. I don't remember if I bought one or two plugs but I may have the parts to build a car cord already.

TBY

Newly Enlightened
Lynx_Arc,

Yes I also tried the Nokia (along with some other brands I had at my disposal) and of course had the same result. I will attempt to call customer service this week and see what they can do. We'll see what happens, thanks!

TBY

Newly Enlightened
I called customer service this morning. They told me the auto charger was available as a bonus for the purchase of the unit. Therefore it is not available for purchase separately and does not qualify for warranty. Back to square one!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If you strike out PM me your address and I will try to make one for you later this week.
I think I have two plugs and know I have a few cell phone chargers I can rip the guts out.