Change Leds MOD Pics

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everybody... I buy some time ago that headlight

HL3in1%20b1J.jpg

When i turn in on i say... :wtf: That is not a Luxeon and less 3 Watts Led... I think in sale to a friend, but i keep it because i like it, so, why dont buy some 3 Watts luxeon flashligth not more expence of 15$.. So i look around in ebay and i find this...

Again, when i receive a say :wtf: :wtf: Is not a Luxeon, look like a fried egg... But the brightness is ok, so, i receive from a seller in Ebay a Luxeon Blue 3 watts, i think... Why dont make a Blue Flashlight??? So, this is what i do... I interchange some Leds...

This is What i find...

changeleds000.jpg

Mods to do... Luxeon in the left, Blue one, White thing, almost like a Luxeon, for me, a fried egg, the other one the Led from the headlight

changeleds001.jpg

Replace done, this is the Blue one already, no big deal...

changeleds002.jpg

changeleds003.jpg

changeleds004.jpg

changeleds005.jpg

changeleds006.jpg

The White led dont fix in the space inside of the headlight, i think... If is not a Luxeon star, why have the star??? So, i cut it... Because is not a Luxeon Star... :lolsign:

changeleds007.jpg

Realy, is not like a Fried Egg???

changeleds008.jpg

Some Beamshots...

changeleds009.jpg

changeleds010.jpg

changeleds011.jpg

changeleds012.jpg

changeleds013.jpg

changeleds014.jpg

changeleds015.jpg

What you think??? :thanks:

Last edited:

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read blackbag223's comments as being positive and complimentary.

I agree that it looks like a fried egg! Great job!

Paul

blackbag223

Newly Enlightened
greenlight said:

I was. english is one of the hardest languages to learn and speak fluently, and I admire anyone that has the gumption to take it upon himself to learn another language.

I promise i cant speak spanish as well as he speaks english.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see any true luxeons in your photos actually. Except for maybe the one that has a wire and resistor soldered to it... The emitter with long leads isn't luxeon... Does it have a cone lens on it? like a side-emitter luxeon..

There are a lot of luxeon clones out now...

Check out CPF member PhotonFanatic he sells true luxeonIII luxeons, with good bins!!

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
I don't see any true luxeons in your photos actually. Except for maybe the one that has a wire and resistor soldered to it... The emitter with long leads isn't luxeon... Does it have a cone lens on it? like a side-emitter luxeon..

There are a lot of luxeon clones out now...

Check out CPF member PhotonFanatic he sells true luxeonIII luxeons, with good bins!!

This is not a resistor, is just a wire, i dont know if is a Luxeon, that was put in the headlight... If is a real Luxeon is 1 watt... The one with the long leads is a Luxeon, 3 watts blue... That is right... A Lot a Fake Luxeon...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, well then I guess they all are fakes!

I've never seen a real lumileds luxeon emitter with long leads! So I'm guessing that it's a fake too!!!! At least the blue looks pretty bright even for being a fake!

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
Ok, well then I guess they all are fakes!

I've never seen a real lumileds luxeon emitter with long leads! So I'm guessing that it's a fake too!!!! At least the blue looks pretty bright even for being a fake!
:awman: :huh2: :wow: :wtf: :dedhorse: :sssh: :mecry: :shrug:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm not a stickler for 'only the original' type of thought as long as it works as expected and lives up to your expectations. But from looking at most of your posts, it seems you are frustrated with being led down by many of the clones and cheapie LED lights.

Out of curiosity, have you ever used a known good, known Luxeon light driven reasonably properly? For my money, the best, brightest and cheapest route to that end is a Nuwai QIII (probably sold under other names elsewhere) driven on a 3.7-4.2V rechargeable LiON cell. VERY impressive. For a bit more output, try ordering a known good and actual Lumileds Luxeon star with a bin such as TX1J, TX1K or TX1L. Most of the QIIIs I've seen have S-bins so stepping up to a T bin will be an improvement and in my experience, it seems like the X1s tend to be brighter on average than X0s or W0s. I'd prefer TX1Js personally, but I see that PhotonFanatic has TX1Ls for only $8 each here.

It just seems to me that you're going through a lot of frustration (and possibly a bit of money) when you might be able to get something quite nice fairly easily.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
That it right my friend, maybe i look like frustrated, but not are all, i just say, if i buy something that say have a Luxeon why is not true??? i buy time ago a flashlight and i compare with the same that your you refer and is the same, maybe different for the color, but is the same brightness, so, i no have problem is a buy something with a cheap Led or type Luxeon if that it works as expected for me like you say, so, i have a Inova T1 and is not powerful that the other i have, i have too a T2, this one is great, is a realy great flashlight.

About the bins, i dont understand what that mean, i have a table of bin from luxeon, but i dont understand yet...

Thanks for your commentary