Newly Enlightened
I thought that my one and only Led flashlight
(Led Lenser 7726, 1.2watt 3xAAA) would meet
my modest flashlight requirements.

Then I discovered the candlepower forums and
everyone was talking Fenix.

The more I read, the more it became apparent that it
wasn't "should" I buy a Fenix but "how". Even my practice
post about the product elicited a response!

With no Australian distributor for the product, Christina Wang
(from Fenix's website) kindly forwarded my enquiry to a
distributor in Singapore.

Sent a PayPal payment on a Saturday, and the delivery
van arrived with my L2P the following Tuesday.

Together with my friends and family, I am amazed at
the power of 2xAA's (wonder how good the L1P is,
maybe I should get one?!)

I am not a flashaholic -- but slowly getting there!

BlackDecker

Enlightened
You'd like the L1P as well. About half the length of the L2P. Probably has about 80% of the brightness and will run over an hour to 50% brightness on a single AA cell.

I've had great luck using 2500 mah NiMh AA batteries in my L1P.

Boris

Newly Enlightened
I currently don't own the L2P, because i was looking for a more portable light, so i got the L1P. i think it's the best light i own, because is so small, so bright, it's well priced, and runs on AA Batteries. i heard the L2p it's brighter, but the L1p it's just perfect, you can have it in your pocket, and nobody will notice it is even there...
try and get it, if you want to carry it. you wont be dissapointed...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you dont' have good 2400/2500/2600 mah AA NiMH you are missing out. Get some and your L2P will have solid brigthness for 4 hours!!

I have an L1P and everytime I turn it on, I'm amazed as I expect it to be dimmer but it's really bright! I use 2600mah nimh Amondotech cells in it.

JackJ

Newly Enlightened
I own an L1 and and L1P. I was hesitant about the L2P, but just acquired one yesterday, and I'm glad I did. I have no output measuring tools, but my L2P is brighter than my other Fenixes, and the regulated output is a big plus.

I agree with the above poster that these lights thrive on NiMH. The L1's have a much flatter output, and the L2P is supposed to go for a full four hours. I keep thinking I need to try one of the many one cell CR123A lights out there, but until you get to the high dollar models, they don't appear to offer all that much over these Fenix models, especially if operating cost is taken into account when using NiMH.

I love mine.

Moonknight

Newly Enlightened
Same goes to me. I just got hooked onto LED flashlights recently. Used to get those flashlights from normal retail stores until I met a member at the forum.

Got the L1P and :wow: was stunt...

Subsequently, got my L2P and :wow: :wow:

Lastly got my L0P and really find them awesome.

Really love the lights from Fenix especially L2P :goodjob: Fenix.

atm

Enlightened
Agreed, the Fenix lights are great. Of the 3 I get the most use out of the L1P because it's size/output compromise suits me best atm.

When it comes to buying lights from the US for here (Aus) there are some really good retailers (who are also CPF members/supporters). From personal experience I can strongly recommend eliteled.com and lighthound.com. Opticshq is another that gets great reviews here. Info on special pricing for CPF members available in this post.

There are others too, many of which are listed here.

Andrew

Luxman

Enlightened
I could not make up my mind between the L1P and the L2P so I got both.. They Are Both Great!
The L1P is small, Bright and very convenient to carry.
Get the L1P!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix Fan,
Your doomed! Bwaahahahaha! First an L2P, then a L1p to really hook you. Then you'll see what those Surefires are about, then Peaks, Arcs, Pelicans until you stumble across the modders section.
Next thing you know your L1P will be "MillerModded", NiMH rechargable AA batteries and lithium-ion cells will appear. Multiple Luxeon K2 Mag mods and Elektrolumens 12 LuxeonIII LED 6D mega lights will be must haves.
Run...run away fast! Your wallet will thank you...

BTW, welcome to CPF!

fenix_fan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your posts. The L1P is so close
to the size of my Led Lenser there's no real
justification for getting it. The L0P is a little
too small and I've been spoilt with the L2P

On the other hand....

Last edited:

Lite

Newly Enlightened
fenix_fan said:
The L0P is a little
too small and I've been spoilt with the L2P

On the other hand....
AAA lights - like the L0P are a handy edc. I've been thinking of one myself. I understand the Peak Pacific may be a worthy AAA contender, though.