Nextorch and Freedom lights? - on Emilionworkshop

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only Nextorch light I've seen on CPF is the MagicMax. I was perusing Emilion's site and found the other Nextorch lights such as the Z1 quite nice (even the xenon lights are pretty nice looking). How is the overall quality, durability, and performance of Nextorch lights? They seem to be a Nuwai/Shykuang competitor. How does Nextorch rate against Nuwai/SK?

I also saw the Freedom 3.3W Lux3 "Weapon Light" on Emilion's site. I like the design, short length, and remote switch. It looks like it's made by Nextorch, but doesn't have the Nextorch brand on it. Anyone have any feedback on this Freedom 3.3W light?

Thanks.
J.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imworking - I'm looking forward to your review. How much was shipping from Emilion?

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
Hong Kong Post was $4.94. I also ordered the $2.00 shipping insurance. Sure takes a long time. They said 8 - 14 days, its been 12 and I'm going nuts.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping's not too bad. It's about what places in the US charges and that's with the insurance added. Nextorch doesn't seem very popular or well known on CPF, aside from the MM. I'm interested to see how their quality and performance are relative to other lights in the same price range. The Z1 (1cell version of Z3) looks very nice.
Doesn't look like anyone's had any experience with the Freedom light either. It looks similar in design and finish to the Nextorches, I wonder if it's made by Nextorch for another company. It looks very nice also.

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
I received my Z3 today and I can say its a very nice light. The construction is nice (and sturdy) as well as the fit and finish. The annodizing on the reverse clicky switch does not seem to be the same as the orignal light but thats ok because I think I'm going to use the twisty/momentary buttton. The beam is bright and centered.

I love how modular the light is. You can unscrew the bezel and take out the 3 watt module to drop in an incandescant module. The light is voltage regulated for 2+ hours of constant light from a set of primary 123's. I will really test it out tonight with a set of partially used batteries that are in my Golston 7W.

Did I mention that the beam is nice and white with very little artifacts (none that I can see here at work). It also came with the rat tail switch for use as a gun mounted tactical light. I can tell right now that this light and I will have a long lasting friendship. For 55 USD you can go wrong with it. I am seriously thinking about ordering a Z1 now.

Thanks Emilion!!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a nice light. Did you get the D6 clickie and rat tail switch separately or were they included in the $55 price? The site doesn't say the clickie and pressure switch are included.
I think the bezel can be replaced also with the AH6 attack bezel also, which is a cool feature.
Can you describe the beam more? How's the hotspot (small, big)?...spill light/corona (small, big, dim, bright)?...transition from hotspot to spill (sudden, smooth)? Thanks.

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
jsr said:
Sounds like a nice light. Did you get the D6 clickie and rat tail switch separately or were they included in the $55 price? The site doesn't say the clickie and pressure switch are included.
I think the bezel can be replaced also with the AH6 attack bezel also, which is a cool feature.
Can you describe the beam more? How's the hotspot (small, big)?...spill light/corona (small, big, dim, bright)?...transition from hotspot to spill (sudden, smooth)? Thanks.

The hotspot is about 3.5 - 4 inches at one meter. The sidespill appears to be very useful but I will not be able to really tell until I get home from work this evening. I don't feel that the transition from hotspot to sidespill is too sudden, in my opinion its pretty smooth and looks plenty useful. Its not "ringy" like some light I have.

The pressure switch was free and seems to replace the momentary switch in the twisty tail cap. I bought the Clickie for $3.50, its very firm and the finish sort of matches the finish of the light. You can tell its an after market accessory.

Hope this helps.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, any time now I should get a PM from Emilion and he will give me info on the Freedom light... he had already sent me it today, but I had 100 messages in my mailbox and I couldnt recieve it.

-David

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imworking said:
I love how modular the light is. You can unscrew the bezel and take out the 3 watt module to drop in an incandescant module. The light is voltage regulated for 2+ hours of constant light from a set of primary 123's. I will really test it out tonight with a set of partially used batteries that are in my Golston 7W.

Can the Nextorch heads accept Surefire P-type lamp assemblies? If so, that's great news, because the rechargeable Nextorch models can use 168A/18650 cells. Stick a P91 lamp in the 2x18650 RT9, and you've got 45 minutes of runtime in a complete flashlight--including lithium-ion cells and charger--for the same cost as TranquillityBase's switchless, headless, adapterless 2x18650 body.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, emilion now has the runtime on the Freedom 3.3 light posted. Its ok.... He also says that it is as bright as his 3w modules.

-David