Can drained 1.5v lithium AA work in Fenix L1P?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I drain a L91 lithium AA battery down to between 1.5v and 1.6v, can I safely use it in a Fenix L1P? Also, will the lower internal resistance of the lithium AA hurt the L1P now or in the long run?

lamperich

Enlightened
socom1970 said:
If I drain a L91 lithium AA battery down to between 1.5v and 1.6v, can I safely use it in a Fenix L1P? Also, will the lower internal resistance of the lithium AA hurt the L1P now or in the long run?

usually all ledtorchs with regulator needs a voltage source.
so no problem

Last edited:

Lite

Newly Enlightened
socom1970 said:
I haven't tried a lithium in mine, yet. I've read it is suppose to be fine, though.

Yooper

Enlightened
A fresh L91 is no problem. I've gone through three L91's in my L1P. I also have lithiums in my ARC AAA-P, L0P, L2P, and Streamlight PP Luxeon, all working fine,nice and bright, long run times, no problems.

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened
Quite a bad idea if you ask me. Drained batteries have a very nasty tendancy to leak. And if you're going to use that in place of fresh lithiums I guess the probability you'll end up with a leaked L1 is 0.99999998...

Like the others said, fresh batteries should do fine.

VWTim

Enlightened
nutz_about_lights said:
Quite a bad idea if you ask me. Drained batteries have a very nasty tendancy to leak. And if you're going to use that in place of fresh lithiums I guess the probability you'll end up with a leaked L1 is 0.99999998...

Like the others said, fresh batteries should do fine.

I thought that was one of the advantage of Lithium Primaries? That they don't leak.

carrot

Flashaholic
VWTim said:
I thought that was one of the advantage of Lithium Primaries? That they don't leak.
Someone else posted that leaked Duracell 123As corroded the inside of their light (but Duracell did offer to replace the light), so I don't think lithiums don't leak, but a lot less likely than alkalines.
Lithium advantage over alkaline (in random order):
- work better in cold weather (but still loss of performance)
- self-discharge rate is much slower than alkaline -- that's why the shelf-life of lithiums are rated much longer
- lighter weight
- more consistent discharge curve -- voltage doesn't drop as quickly as alkaline under load
- higher voltage
- sexier looking

But they're more expensive, and often harder to find.