EverLED problem: Any Help?

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. It's kind of neat to have my first opportunity to tap into your collective experience. I keep a blue EverLED in a three D mag in my car. I have some minor upgrades to the flashlight body, but none of them are relevant. I was playing around with it the other day, and I noticed the hotspot was off center. I popped the head off, and the side emitting lens looked crooked. It seems to have cracked around the base, and is hanging to one side. I was more than a little surprised.

The question; could this have been caused by car duty? The piece itself was new, October vintage, so I wouldn't expect spontaneous failure like this. Well. . .that's the other thing, the emitter seems undamaged. It is just as bright essentially, and I think I could remove the lens pretty easily. If I can't get a rebate, would that be worth doing, or would I be the first one to experiment on his $40 part? :lolsign: Attempts to contact the company have thus far have been fruitless, and I've given them a week or so to reply. :huh2:

Thanks guys!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though I've always been careful with all of mine, they are quite fragile... I can't imagine how it could become physically damaged while inside the head.

Is there any chance you might have dropped it or held it on an odd manner while not installed in the light?

I'd try for a refund or replacement myself. I emailed them concerning colored EverLEDs and they replied in about 2 days. personally, I'd email them every day for a week just to make sure the messages are getting through... If they go unanswered, I'd email every address I could find... sales, service...

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now this issue takes me way back to when I thought Everleds were the be-all-end-all of magmods months before I first joined cpf.

You will need to get on the phone and tell them what happened.
They were quite good to me when my red Everleds went :poof:
They were happy to send over 2 white ones to replace them with.
I then sent over the red ones back to them.

I still have both white Everleds doing just fine to this day. :)

Sprocketman

Newly Enlightened
One of mine died and they replaced it no hassle. I don't remember the response time, but it seemed normal. Restored my faith in their product.

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
Here is an update. I've basically mailed everyone at the company twice, and I've recieved no reply thus far. Are they all on vacation? :rant: Did the Mag ninjas cap them all while they were lifting the EverLED plans to show off at SHOT? :xyxgun: I dunno, but I'm a little concerned. :awman:

Ah well, thanks guys.

--Aaron

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
They finally got in touch with me; full exchange. It seems they were at shot after all. :)

-Thanks!