Propolymer Dark Spot

psomas0

Newly Enlightened
After the last battery change in my 4aa Proploymer Incan I have a dark spot in the center of the beam. I've tried repositioning the blub and reflector but without success, any suggestions?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Sorry, don't have an incandescent version of Streamlight's 4dbA ProPolymer. But maybe you can try "frosting" it by using Armour Etch. That topic has been discussed over in the Incandescents forum. It works great once you've figured out the "technique" to etch the bulb/lamp.

Enjoy!

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
psomas0 said:
After the last battery change in my 4aa Proploymer Incan I have a dark spot in the center of the beam. I've tried repositioning the blub and reflector but without success, any suggestions?

A dark spot in the center seems to indicate that the bulb has moved either forward or backward from its ideal focal point in the reflector. Perhaps the bulb is not firmly connected to the reflector assembly. See if you can move it up or down, even slightly.

psomas0

Newly Enlightened
oddly enough the bulb as to be pulled out from its fully seated position to eliminate the dark spot, should have thought about that myself. Thanks