Dangit! How do you get E2e bezel open?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The inside of the lens is really dusty and I need to get it open of course to clean it. Is there a way to get the bezel open without destroying it?

juancho

Enlightened
Two strap wrenches and a little oven time to melt the loctite.

Why not try blowing air thru the back of the reflector after removing the lamp. or maybe a modified q-tip?

regards
Juan C.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a cotton swab with the head bent with some 91% alcohol on it. Dont let the shaft of the swab touch the hole for the bulb or it will wear away the coating. Use a dry swab to dry the reflector and glass, then maybe a bit of canned air duster. Surefires reflector coating is tougher than most, but will still be slightly damaged by cleaning them with any sort of rubbing. Pelican, G&P and many other reflectors will have the coating rubbed completely through with just a cotton cloth. Ask me how I know :thumbsdow

cy

Flashaholic
chop posted an excellent tutorial on "how to open up surefire's"

does anyone have the link?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll give the modified q-tip a try. Thanks for the suggestions.

Ok, just tried the bent q-tip and it worked great, thanks.

Last edited:

a99raptors

Enlightened
Hi everyone!

After doing some research, I believe I have managed to come up with a faily easy solution to dismantling the bezel.

I used two rubber O-rings and placed them over the top part of the bezel of the E2D flashlight. The idea is to improve the grip. Someone in an earlier post used stretchable rubber tube. I then slowly twisted it in both directions to loosen the loctite sealant. No tools required, just some manual manipulation. After some time, it will loosen and you can proceed to unscrew it normally.

Advise that you remove the lamp assembly first.

Also, after you remove the bezel head, just blow out the residue from the reflector. And based on the recommendation by an earlier post, toothpicks work really well in scraping off the remaining residue from the threads. Make sure there is no residue left.

I managed to do this for my L2 and E2D. Now, I have an L2 with a Strike Bezel, and a E2 with a Strike Tailcap! :))

Hope this helps!

Latest posts