i want some fudge

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya ever geting graveings for something and ya think about it a lot . homemade fudge will be nice right now who wants some fudge or something else ill be so fat if i aite all i wanted fat like oprah

nethiker

Enlightened
I try to keep some alternatives to the really fatening stuff. A good one that keeps a long time is frozen blueberries (or any frozen fruit) with a touch of heavy cream drizzled on top. The berries freeze the cream and it's like eating ice cream with lots less calories. Don't use too much cream or you might as well just eat ice cream.

I sometimes get the chocolate fix by melting some baking chocolate and dipping a banana in it. Freeze that for 20 min. or so and that's pretty good too. For some reason I don't seem to eat the baking chocolate strait, so I usually have some around. Go figure.

Sometime thought you just have to eat the real deal...it's hard to beat fudge.

Good to read your posts again raggie.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a million dollars. Sent me a million bucks and I will have my wife make you some homemade fudge. Nuts are a half million extra :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol thats outa my budget tim now i want fudge and a million bucks and a new vette and jessica simson and a daul core cpu with 16 gigs a ram and 2 7800 video cards

drizzle

Enlightened
raggie33 said:
lol thats outa my budget tim now i want fudge and a million bucks and a new vette and jessica simson and a daul core cpu with 16 gigs a ram and 2 7800 video cards

Tonight's Mega-Millions Lottery is $75 Million. If I win I'll get everything but Jessica. :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i couldnt even imagine comeing home to jessica id just stare at her top and fall over dead

CLHC

Flashaholic
Can you say fudge-a-holic for the time being?

Do you have Ghirardelli's anywhere near your neck of the woods? Great stuff I must say! Enjoy!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie33 said:
lol i couldnt even imagine comeing home to jessica id just stare at her top and fall over dead

So you say she is built like a brick house. :)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I get my chocolate fix a couple of different ways -

I buy the "no sugar added" fudgesicles in the grocery store. Low fat and low sugar. Yum!

I also sprinkle a little bit of cocoa in my coffee sometimes. It makes for a much smoother cup of coffee with just a hint of a chocolate aftertaste.

drizzle

Enlightened
My daily fix is the Triple Chocolate Chaos Balance Gold Bar. That way I can at least feel like I'm getting some decent nutrition in the bargain. My favorite indulgence that I can still buy at most grocery stores is Lindt Lindor Truffles. :rock:

I don't cook much so I don't make my own fudge but I love homemade fudge when I can get it.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I tried one of those "Hooah!" chocolate energy bars recently. Decent nutrition but it didn't taste that great. I found them at WallyWorld.

redcar

Enlightened
Raggie,

do you like to cook? I've got a way too easy recipe for chocolate fudge.

Red

CLHC

Flashaholic
Too funny Topper!

I believe I had a "drink" once made with same concoction mixed in with a motley of alcohol called a "leg spreader!" Sure Did! And my head cold was gone for that evening!

Last edited:

redcar

Enlightened
EASY FUDGE RECIPE

14 oz can Bordens Sweetened Condensed Milk
Pinch or two of salt
Sprinkle or two of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
12 oz bag Nestle Toll House Morsels Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 oz (1 Square) Unsweetened Bakers chocolate (1/2 square or none)
1 teaspoon Vanilla

Butter square pan 8x8x2 inches. Butter your melting pot or sauce pan then add the milk, salt, cayenne pepper, chips, and unsweetened bakers chocolate. Melt over LOW heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth; remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla. Spread in Pan. Refrigerate till firm.

Your adding the Cayenne for a little warmth, not enough to taste it. Chocolate was originally consumed with peppers and only after it got to Europe was sugar added.

If you like milk chocolate, add no Baker's Chocolate.
If you like dark chocolate use 1 or even 2 ounces Baker's Chocolate.

If you like nuts, add 1 and 1/2 cups when you add the vanilla.

enjoy, Red

Latest posts