Sonicare Rechargeable Base for Flashlights?

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
If anyone owns, or is familar with the Sonicare toothbrush, then you would know about how you just sit the brush back into the cradle and it recharges without any metal ever touching. I wanted to know if the same principal could be used for flashlights. This process seems like it would be great for underwater flashlights. The bottom of the toothbrush says "NiCd", which is what many rechargeable flashlights use. I was just brushing my teeth tonight and thought this might be a great new way to recharge flashlights.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure it would be possible, but the circuit required to make this work may take up quite a bit of space in the light. Also, I don't know how much current these type of chargers (non contact) charge at. On larger lights, it may take a couple of days or more to charge the light. Of course this is just all guessing on my part.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Induction charging could be used on a limited basis for flashlights. The first limitation is this is a very low current system charging small fairly low capacity cells. Also, the flashlights would need to be plastic and fairly low performance.

For most flashlights, especially the ones we like, it is not practical.