Another broken U2

Luna

Enlightened
Well, yesterday I was reaching for my U2 in the hidden pocket of my jacket and when I pull it out, I see a broken lens. This is a nice leather jacket that doesn't get tossed around and is fairly protective.Didn't I see something similar here recently?

I'm starting to wonder about the lack of protection of the rounded lens. I will now test the Surefire Lifetime Warranty. What sucks is that the light had a good emitter powerwise (outside of a small area that didn't have phosphors so a bluish hue was given to the center of the beam)

cy

Flashaholic
call... don't email Surefire customer service.

request instructions on how to get your particular light back after repairs.

kind of the pits if you have a luxeon lottery winner to ship off. possibly never to be seen again.

if my lens broke on my U2, I'd rather purchase a new lens. install myself rather than risk not getting my exact light back. problem is finding the parts

BBL

Enlightened
i wonder if they even repair anything, considering everything is glued together

Luna

Enlightened
I HATE THIS VBB revision, another lost post and still can't search the archives for the lens dimensions!!!

CY, I called already and the fellow said wait two weeks and call back because the repair stock of U2 heads was low (PN 15861-1) and had no luck getting a lens only sent. I need to determine the lens dimensions so I can find a UCL or watch crystal to replace it. Now is time to venture on apath of figuring out a ND approach of taking a U2 apart!

BBL, the head is replaced.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard of people taking thier U2s apart and toying with the luxeon. So I'm sure you can search and find out, probably heat the head and use strap wrenches...

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will post pictures soon. But I ripped apart some parts of my U2 today (well didn't rip apart, came apart easily.)

Will post link to my threads soon!

UPDATE:
Link here

Last edited:

Luna

Enlightened
JasonC8301 said:
I will post pictures soon. But I ripped apart some parts of my U2 today (well didn't rip apart, came apart easily.)

Will post link to my threads soon!

UPDATE:
Link here

Thanks. So where are the lower head disassembly picts :)

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
No pictures of the lower part of the bezel disassembled yet. Donut hole isn't big enough and the tint is acceptable :grin2:

Other CPF members have disassembled the lower part before to change/shimmy the LED.

Latest posts