I am in need of some suggestions

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I am sending out press releases.

I was hoping some people can suggest some publications both hardcopy and online that I should send infromation to.

I am also trying to think of larger retailers that might be at the shotshow looking for product to send a press release to.

Thanks
Jon

raggie33

*the raggedier*
jon in what regards for ya flashlights? im confused but im sure ya will do good ya are the sears of the flashlight world a place ya can trust

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep,

I am going to try and mainstream some CPF creations. I had some press contact me about the Indium Smart so we now have a press release and I am going to use this opportunity to get some cpf creations seen outside of cpf.

I just need lots of places to send them too.

Thanks

greenLED

Flashaholic
These guys have lots of custom items:

EXCALIBUR CUTLERY & GIFTS
273 VALLEY RIVER CENTER
EUGENE, OR 97401
Phone: 541-687-0872

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great..

Thanks Green,

I will send them press releases.

How about some magazine suggestions from anyone?

Thanks again
Jon

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
How's about Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, The various men's magazines (I.E. Men's Journal, etc).

Then there's the varoius sites: www.thinkgeek.com, etc.

You could also send out to the various computer magazines, cnet, etc.

--dan

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Magazines - T3, GQ
Retailer - Sharper Image, Neiman Marcus (Christmas Catalog), Gadget Universe, Porsche (the retail stores)
Web/TV - CNET, TechTV/G4 (both are Ziff-Davis)

-LT

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm thinking about some magazines...
- Popular Science / Popular Mechanics -- for PopSci you could get into the What's New section, and for PopMech... whatever their version of "What's New"
- Wired -- they featured a few flashlights in this month's issue, the SF E2e and Inova X0, I think. If you really get them interested, they might write about the flashlight community and your budding company.
- Cargo -- men's fashion magazine, features *very* expensive items, cars, clothes, computers, gadgets
- Sync -- a gadgets magazine, if you get the Smart into the magazine, it will likely be featured with half-naked women... good advertising IMO.

There are probably a lot of hobbyist magazines I missed, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

As for websites... the very best idea I can think of is to get ThinkGeek.com interested -- they are a little overpriced but they offer what the customers want, nifty gadgets. A programmable flashlight will likely go over well with their customer base.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I promise...one of these days I will learn that when I am on Denise's computer it logs in as her.

My bad