• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Modified 3 stage Fenix L0P's

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stock circuit is potted with epoxy, so it is removed in order to install a custom designed circuit that maintains the original factory efficency and power but has the added functions of a low and medium level output. Just by turning the the body it steps through the 3 levels contiguously starting with low. The operation is very smooth, easy and reliable. I have tested this design by turning it off and on over and over again and delibrately overtightening it very hard over and over again; there is absolutely no sign of damage or fatigue to the switches. The spring material used for the switches is extremely resilient and reliable, they are bonded with solder through a channel hole to ensure the switch won't lose bonding to the PCB. This mod will give a lifetime of reliable use. By next week at least 2 CPF members will be reviewing the MM 3-stage L0P. Here are some pictures.

I am offering these at $75.00 for 2-stage and $84.00 for 3-stage. Plus actual shipping costs which depends on method of shipping requested by customer.

I also offer modding services, $28.00 for 2-stage installed and $37.00 for 3 stage installed. Plus actual shipping costs which depends on method of shipping requested by customer.
My warranty: If it ever fails, and I'm confident that it won't, but if it does I will fix it for free.

Here are some shot's of the L0P with the bezel assembly loose and used to focus the beam.

And here it is with the top piece removed in candle mode. The Luxeon is exposed in this state so care must be taken not to drop it if you choose to use it in candle mode. Heat dissipation is still very adequate with the top removed.

Last edited:

Maximum

Enlightened
What kind of batts can we use with these mods?
Sounds very interesting if we can also use standard Alkies.

2wheels4me

Newly Enlightened
Hi Miller Mods, the three stage sounds tempting. :wow:
A few questions if you have time and patience:
Is the brightness level of the brightest equivalent to stock? How does the lowest level compare, say, to a Photon Freedom or such? Not being a mods expert, are the brightness stages a series of continuouss twisting from off to low, medium, and then full, with regions of "off" or flicker in between? Or is it a contiguous, with the brightness stepping up positively from one level to another once a certain degree of further twisting is reached?

Are the Fenixes that you sell the same lot as those sold by 4Sevens, from whom I bought a L1P? I noticed that Greg In Canada had him dropship you one for modding. How does one order a complete unit from you?

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maximum said:
What kind of batts can we use with these mods?
Sounds very interesting if we can also use standard Alkies.

Alkalines work fine, it draws the same current and drives the same current and uses the same type of regulation as stock.

2wheels4me

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of batteries, another question: Do the 1.5V lithiums work well with it, providing longer runtimes I assume?

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
2wheels4me said:
Hi Miller Mods, the three stage sounds tempting. :wow:
A few questions if you have time and patience:
Is the brightness level of the brightest equivalent to stock? How does the lowest level compare, say, to a Photon Freedom or such? Not being a mods expert, are the brightness stages a series of continuouss twisting from off to low, medium, and then full, with regions of "off" or flicker in between? Or is it a contiguous, with the brightness stepping up positively from one level to another once a certain degree of further twisting is reached?

Are the Fenixes that you sell the same lot as those sold by 4Sevens, from whom I bought a L1P? I noticed that Greg In Canada had him dropship you one for modding. How does one order a complete unit from you?

I will be selling these directly, but right now I only have 2 more not spoken for, and then I'm going to order more. It is contiguous stepping, with the brightness stepping up positively from one level to another once a certain degree of further twisting is reached. No dead zones. Brightness is exactly like the stock on high. With the Photon Freedom, it uses a 5mm LED, if you try to compare a Fenix beam on low with a 5mm LED with the same drive current, it's like comparing apples to oranges. There is much more corona with the Fenix. The drive to the lux with my standard mod is around 270mA on high with approx. 1hr runtime with a 900mAh NIMH, 90mA on medium 3.5hrs, and 30mA on low 8-9hrs.

Last edited:

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
2wheels4me said:
Speaking of batteries, another question: Do the 1.5V lithiums work well with it, providing longer runtimes I assume?

Yes, they do and 1.5V lithiums will run longer.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
XFlash said:
I want one of the 3 stage units how do we order ?
Thanks
I only have 2 in stock right now, but they're still up for grabs. I'll be ordering more very soon. Just PM me, and if I have any ready for delivery at the time I'll tell you how to paypal me. I'll except Money Orders also, but this will cause a delay.

2wheels4me

Newly Enlightened
MillerMods said:
I only have 2 in stock right now, but they're still up for grabs. I'll be ordering more very soon. Just PM me, and if I have any ready for delivery at the time I'll tell you how to paypal me. I'll except Money Orders also, but this will cause a delay.
Well, I'll take the plunge and grab one. I sent a PM requesting instructions.

Last edited:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
this_is_nascar said:
... not in stock until the 23rd? Oh well.

Yes, 4 are coming next thursday from Miller - I'm going to ship
the same day. 2 have been pre-ordered so 2 more are left. :D
I'm going to try to send more to him to keep things stocked :)

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
All 4 have been paid for :) The future preorders have been pushed
back a week to the beginning of March :)

I'll send more L0P's to MM for the next batch :D

My store also allow reviews so those you've tried these please post some
feed back :D