Digilights' High Pressure 6V lamp assembly...

InfidelCastro

Banned
Interesting find.

I would hope it fits, because it looks just like a Surefire P60 lamp.

I dug mine out just to make sure.

70 lumens for 80 minutes is certainly better than the Surefire specs of 65 lumens for 60 minutes. $18.95 is a couple dollars pricier than the Surefire lamp assembly.

But we'd need a runtime test to see for sure if the runtime and output is actually better than the Surefire lamp. And I'd also like to know the lifetime spec of the bulb.

From what I understand, Surefire doesn't fudge on its specs, so I'd like a real life comparison. Perhaps a comparison review is in order? :)

Timson

Enlightened
Got this link from the Tradedigit e-bay store Click Me
Claims 120 Lu at 6V. :naughty:

Check out the comments from other CPF members about the G90 and G120 models from this manufacturer.
Everyone seems very impressed with these units (including myself)

120 Lu may be somewhat overinflated, but if its anything like its big brothers it will have a tighter rounder and brighter and whiter output than the Surefire lamp that it is replacing.

Give em a go - I don't think you'll be disappointed. Better still Get the G90HP and pop in 2 R123 Li-Ions for a truly awesome little 2 cell light. (175 Lu) This lamp truly does rival the SF P91 for brightness (Beam not as BIG) but draws arount 1.25A as opposed the the P91's circa 2.3A.
Therefore little R123's can cope quite safely with the G90.

Tim.

Last edited:

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
I bought the Tradedigit 120 lumen lamp assemby. While I am very impressed with their G90, the G60 just seems to be a P60 replacement. To my eyes the beams of the two look to be identical, and the current draw is very close as well. Do not expect to get more performance out of that one than a P60.

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
Where do you get the specs from? I can't see anyplace where it shows the specs.

I wonder if they make a 6V one similiar to the 25 lumen bulb that comes with the Outdoorsman Surefire light that runs for 2 and a half hours.

How are the batteries? $3 for two is not a bad price. Not the best either, but how does 1300mAh capacity compare to Surefires, Titaniums or Battery Station batteries?

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I would like to have a 25 lumen option for my G2.

Guess I will have to get an E2O.

Bob

InfidelCastro

Banned
Yep, I plan on getting an E2O again, but would really like a long running bulb for a G2 as well.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know, the only way to run a G2 longer on one set of cells is to use a 1W or 3W LED module. I'm not aware of any derated or low-output 6V lamp assemblies.

Brinkmann's Maxfire--or is it the Legend LX?--uses a different lamp/assembly configuration but can use P60 lamps. Perhaps there's a low-output for the Brinkmann that will work in the G2.