EDC'ing multiple lights?

Chris201W

Enlightened
I've noticed a lot of people around here say things like, "The Fenix is my EDC" or "The Amilite is my new EDC", etc. These comments seem to imply that that flashlight is your only EDC.

So, I'm wondering, how many people here EDC more than one light (not counting single 5mm lights like Arcs and Photons)?

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris,

I cannot speak for everybody, but real flashaholics have an EDC "set". In other words, you never go out with a single light, but with two or three (or more) - not counting the keychain lights.
Hard core flashaholics have a light ALWAYS, even when sleeping or taking a shower. An Arc AAA on necklace comes to my mind.
My current EDC is made of four lights, plus keychains.
Hope this helps

Anthony

Chris201W

Enlightened
Ok, so when people say some light is their EDC, they don't mean it's their only EDC, but rather one of 2 or 3 lights they EDC?

clipse

Enlightened
Chris201W said:
I've noticed a lot of people around here say things like, "The Fenix is my EDC" or "The Amilite is my new EDC", etc.

My EDC lights are my Fenix L1P and my Amilite. :D

clipse

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Chris201W said:
Ok, so when people say some light is their EDC, they don't mean it's their only EDC, but rather one of 2 or 3 lights they EDC?

That sounds correct. I guess I only really have one true EDC, my peak matterhorn, but if I am going out at night, I usually put my brinkman maxfire in my pocket in case I need more light.

Or if you are JimH, you have over 10 lights on you at one time! That is not including the bag he carries with him with even more lights.

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
Ray_of_Light said:
Chris,

I cannot speak for everybody, but real flashaholics have an EDC "set". In other words, you never go out with a single light, but with two or three (or more) - not counting the keychain lights.
Hard core flashaholics have a light ALWAYS, even when sleeping or taking a shower. An Arc AAA on necklace comes to my mind.
My current EDC is made of four lights, plus keychains.
Hope this helps

Anthony

This sounds very ridiculous to me. Why would you ever need that many lights? Sounds more like a showing off type of thing than a practical usefull thing.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Before my chiropractor insisted otherwise, here was my EDC set:
  • Original CPF Edition Arc-AAA on neck lanyard
  • Arc LS 4+ on belt (right)
  • eternaLight eliteMAX on belt (left)
  • ElektroLumens XM-2 on belt (right)
  • Photon 2 (green) on keychain in left front pocket
  • Photon 2 (UV Purple) on keychain in right front pocket
  • Arc LS (original) in right front pocket
  • Arc-AAA (turquoise) in right front pocket
  • ASP Sapphire Elite on front left beltloop
  • ASP Aspen Elite on front right beltloop
Now, I'm down to the following:
  • Arc-AAA LE (new edition)
  • Arc LS 4+
  • Photon 2 (UV Purple)
plus whatever I have in my briefcase, desk, or vehicle.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why EDC multiple lights? - for the same reason you would own multiple lights, there is no perfect light for every situation. Sometimes you need a dim light that won't disturb others, sometimes you need a close up floody light when looking for a lost item, and sometimes you need a real thrower to see what's WAAAAY out there. Depending on your daily activities, you may need different lights at different times.

Last edited:

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really ridiculous or showing off,

as his posting implied an Arc AAA came to mind, I don't think anyone go to the shower with a surfire M6 or anything like that. (except Jim who probably takes a shower with a Cyclops 15million candle power torch :whistle:).

hogx1 said:
This sounds very ridiculous to me. Why would you ever need that many lights? Sounds more like a showing off type of thing than a practical usefull thing.

Yooper

Enlightened
It can get complicated. I EDC a Fenix L1P, and depending on what I'm doing or wearing I'll have at least one backup.

I have an ARC AAA-P on my keychain, which is with me 90% of the time. Keychains for my less used vehicles have either an ARC AAA-P or a Photon clone type light on them. I have a "small tools" "keychain" with a SAK that has a light in it, plus a L0P. This thing is with me 5 days a week or so.

I have a light in every jacket that I wear. My most used winter coat has an L2P in the chest pocket. My skiing jacket has an Amilite in a pocket. My wrenching coveralls have a River Rock 2AAA clipped in a chest pocket. My CarHartt Arctic coat has a Princeton Tec Surge in it's pocket. My CarHartt vest that I'm wearing right now has a MiniMag AAA/TLE-10 clipped to a pocket. My fishing vest, hunting vest, and a couple other jackets each have a Zipka headlight in a pocket.

Then there are the vehicle lights. A 7 cell ROP in a 6D Mag body is in my daily driver, in a holder next to the seat. There is a CPF special VB-16 in the glove box, and a Zipka in the center console. My wife's vehicle has a 6 cell ROP in a Mag 2D body next to the seat and a Streamlight PP Luxeon in the glovebox. Plus some other lights.

Then there is the bug out bag.

Then there are the lights stashed all over the house, garage, and office.

etc. etc.

But my Fenix L1P never leaves my side. It's my true EDC. :rock:

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
To meet me you would never know I suffer from a severe case of flashoholism...
I carry a L4, EL1 all the time, when a lack of clothes (please don't visualize) exists I have a KL4 on a single cell body, and Mc2Es.
As a family man I also EDC my wife, whom happens to carry a modded QIII, and G2 (she doesn't know she has that one).
If I am going out at night, have mercy... I always have (but nobody sees) a Maxpedition Proteus that is loaded.. An Eternalight for each family member plus at least one big thrower.
It's about safety right? :)
The part that makes this even odder, if indeed odder is a word, is that each night every light has to go back on my flashlight shelf, the next day, I start again.
*Oh, my wife's QIII never leaves her purse, that one is excepted*

CLHC

Flashaholic
The current crop of EDC: McLux.III.PD, 3[M]ini.Mag, and alternating among SF.M2, SF.M3, SF.E1e. Have EDC'd the SureFire M6, U^W MagHID from time to time with the other "small-ish" torches, and that depends on the garments being worn.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Generally I EDC (Chrome PD w/ Trit and Ti Bezel) one light on my person, but I have 4-5 in my truck with a Harbor Freight HID always fully charged in the back floorboard. (For showing off of course) :rock:

However If I know its going to be dark, I will carry 2 lights. Either the PD or HDS and my A2....

Tremendo

Enlightened
I EDC a Fenix L1P. Well, as of the other day a MillerMods Fenix L1P that puts out about twice the lumens and a bigger spot than a normal L1P. I added the 2 stage, so I get the low power also. I'm still not a full blown flashaholic (only because I'm so new) but the MM L1P stays in my pocket all day & night, even if I get dressed at 9am. It's small enough it doesn't bother me, but bright enough to do most tasks. Although with my U2, P61, E2D, etc, I really like having a lot of light when I hit a switch. :)

IonFire

Enlightened
I myself EDC 3 Knives, and four lights, 2 sets of truck keys.

I learned long ago, that 2 is 1, and 1 is none.

Redundancy is not crazy or showing off.

It is being prepared for a situation, you can't imagine yet.

IF

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I keep a River Rock AAA in the inside pocket of my winter coat and a Photon clipped to the lining. My old Arc AAA is always in my pant's pocket.

Geoff

greenLED

Flashaholic
hogx1 said:

:laughing: That sounds *exactly* like something I posted way back when I first joined. I could not understand how people carried lights in broad daylight. Bunch'a weirdos! :laughing:

Now I carry *at least* one light (more like 3, and that's not counting LED blinkers) :crazy: Oh, yeah, and I'm going to SHOT Show next week.

TorchMan

Enlightened
I EDC four lights. On the right side, in holster, SureFire U2. On the left, in pocket, a LionCub and Orb Raw (Orb in it's plastic case). Clipped to that same left pocket, with most of it in the pocket, is the McLux PDIII. I do that because I trust the clip, and it makes for quick draw capablity. All left pocket lights are quite small and light weight.