Good Bang for the Buck! (pics)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have found a new life for this flashlight I bought from Target for $10

I bought it a few months ago and haven't used it much because it goes through two CR123A batteries pretty fast. Like half and hour or so.

What seems to have breathed new life into it is the new rechargable IC protected 3.0v RCR 123 LiON batteries I just got from AW. They cost $30 +$5.50 for shipping which seems like a lot but they are rechargable and if you already have them, the light itself is cheap at $10

It's called a ForeSight.

It's an Incandescent
uses TWO CR123A Primary Lithium Batteries
Twist tail for ON (with momentary)
Strong aluminum alloy body
"Stippled" reflector
Focusable Flood/Spot

There's a lot of light and when it's focused it can dial in an object 50yards away along with a lot of spill or you can flood the beam for lessen impact on your night vision, which makes a good walking light. The guilt-free lumens are great :)

Here's a pic next to Fenix L1P 2.5, RAW Ubin, and Jil DD UP (Right to left)

Next to my EDC gear

With the batteries

The VERY nice reflector

And of course, the BEAMSHOTS!! (ForeSight using flood beam)
Fenix, RAW DD Ubin and the ForSight (left to right)

Runtime
the IC 3.0v LiON rechargables get 40-minutes of steady bright light at which time it just drops dead. So carry a spare :p

LUX readings
Fenix L1P = 550 LUX
RAW Ubin = 1600 LUX
ForeSight = 900+ LUX (primary's get about 30% lower reading)

Output Impressions
The output is high for a $10 light ($36 with rechargable batteries from e-electronics.net)

When comparing ceiling bouce output testing it seemed a bit brighter than the RAW Ubin which is plenty bright. And definately brighter than the Fenix, or Jil DD Tbin.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Wow CroMAGnet! I bought one of those a couple of years ago from Target. So far you're the only other person I know of that has that ForeSight. . .Enjoy!

AshA4

Banned
Got one myself from Target a couple of years ago. I also have a 4-D 16 led/incan light made by Foresight. On led it's a nice wide flood of room filling light. The incan is basically junky but a magnum star xenon bulb makes a little nicer.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well there you go! Another one and that makes three (3) owners of this particular ForeSight incandescent light. . .

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
really getting a kick out of this light/battery combo.

Using it to walk the dog at night.

I did some more battery and lux testing and found that I'm getting over 900 LUX depending on the focus sensitivity, even over 1000 at just the right focus. Nice thing is once you dial it in you dont need to change it since the tail is the on off control.

It now easily identifies things about 50 yards away with a wide beam. It's kinda like a mini PT Surge.

Another kewl thin was watching the LUX reading for a few minutes. The first minute or so it slowly increased lux and then held pretty steady. The rechargable batteries must effect this somehow. I'm hoping to use the CBAII to check the runtime and discharge curve with accuracy.