Does anyone here NOT EDC a light

atm

Enlightened
I always enjoy the "what's your EDC" threads, am surprised by how many lights some folks carry as a matter of course, and wonder if I'm the only one here that frequently goes out without some sort of light.
str.gif

If going out when dark or when I may not get back before dark I always have a light, if I have my keys with me I have a light, but just going for a walk during the day or similar, no light (or keys/wallett etc often). Do I need CPF-counselling?
thinking.gif

Anyone else regularly leave home lightless?

Andrew

SuperNinja

Enlightened
Although I own quite a few lights, I usually do not carry a substantial EDC on my person.

But I do usually have with me a tiny keychain light, and an LED flashlight built into my Nokia cell phone. If I want anything more powerful than that, I have to go get it from my house or car.

a99raptors

Enlightened
NO!

i carry at least one Surefire with me all the time plus 2 spare batteries.

And I do not need counselling.... :)

NickelPlate

Enlightened
atm said:
I always enjoy the "what's your EDC" threads, am surprised by how many lights some folks carry as a matter of course, and wonder if I'm the only one here that frequently goes out without some sort of light.
str.gif

If going out when dark or when I may not get back before dark I always have a light, if I have my keys with me I have a light, but just going for a walk during the day or similar, no light (or keys/wallett etc often). Do I need CPF-counselling?
thinking.gif

Anyone else regularly leave home lightless?

Andrew

Okay here's a newb question. What does EDC stand for. Emergency Daily Carry?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to only have the Zinc-Air Firefli with me most of the time (when I had my keys). Then, at night, I'd clip My Jil 1.3w TWOH onto my keys, or maybe slip my L4 in my pocket. Now that I have a Fenix LOP, it's small enough to leave on my keychain. If I don't have my keys with me, well, then, I've just recently covered that base, too--I just got a Nokia 5140 and it's got a Flashlight built into it! My phone is always with me, so now I can honestly say I'm never without an EDC.

atm

Enlightened
Trashman said:
I just got a Nokia 5140 and it's got a Flashlight built into it! My phone is always with me, so now I can honestly say I'm never without an EDC.

I have one of these too, and usually have it with me, but sometimes do my best to leave it behind! :crazy:

Andrew

greenLED

Flashaholic
For the longest time I did not EDC a light. Now I do... 3 :crazy:
I have an ArcAAA on my keychain, so even when I forget the other lights (blasphemy!) I still have a light on me (assuming I don't lose my keys :p). I also have a LuxI-based light (be it an Arc LS or a smaller one). More recently, I'm carrying my SF U2, but that goes in my pack most of the time (although clipping it to a pocket of my jeans or khakis is not a problem at all).

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
until I joined CPF, I NEVER carried any light. Now I EDC 2: HDS U60 XRGT in a kydex holster clipped to my belt (along with 2 spare cells in my jacket pocket); and the fire fli (hearing aid battery light on my keychain). When I go anywhere without my HDS, even if it's downstairs to the basement, I feel like I'm missing something important...strange, huh?

UVvis

Enlightened
I have been known not to, but mostly when working in the field in places that have 24/7 direct sunlight. For this it is extra weight to carry.

The rest of the time I do, mostly so I can see inside of things. Most of the time at night I generally do not like using a light.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I never used to, but now I EDC an ARC AAA-P on my key ring. Plus I have the LED light on my nokia cell phone.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have carried a light for years. When I was about 19, I had a car breakdown at night in a very rural area. I had to use a friend's zippo lighter under the hood in a brisk wind. I vowed that it would never happen again (not having a light). It became second nature to carry. I now carry a Fenix L1P, a keychain light, an Inova T3 and one of those Inova 24/7 lights(in the winter coat).

Flakey

Enlightened
before i found Cpf i never EDC'd a light, however allways EDC'd a benchmade knife. Now its a U2 in the left pocket Benchmade aries (154cm) in the right .... somtimes i think, wow i have like $600 of stuff in my pockets what if someone tries to mug me? then i think ... wait its a knife and a really bright flashlight, ill probably be ok!

mdocod

Flashaholic
you know... it's interesting what this forum does to people... before hanging around here for awhile... I rarely could even find one of my flashlights, but this forum totally rekindled my child-hood interest in flashlights... The result is that I will not enter a building, even during the daytime, without a light in my pocket. The possability of the power going out at any time goes through my head every time.

latally I've been EDCing a 28xLEDx3AAA light from axshop, and a 0.5w river rock.. however... I don't cary them on me ALL the time... they stay in the car when I walk a pizza up to someones front portch in broad daylight.

iced_theater

Enlightened
I never used to til I joined this site. Since then I started carrying a Minimag with a Nite-ize led. Then it also included a Dorcy 1 watt 3AAA, that lite changed to a Golston 7 watt, and the Minimag went in favor of a Nuwai TM-301-X3

CLHC

Flashaholic
I can't remember the last time I left home without a light on me. That's how long I've been EDC'ing. The again, Your Methods May Vary!

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't always have a light on my person when at work, due to the nature of my work, but I've got a couple of lights stashed in a coat/jacket pocket that is within 3'-4' from me most of the time. I work nights, so I always have something within reach, either in my jacket or in the car, and of course something small on my keys.

-Keith

CLHC

Flashaholic
Just a bit off the path here. . .Hey NeonLights! Is that sig line of yours from The Princess Bride? I think. . .Seems like I can hear his voice before he croaks.

Anyhou, I did carry my 4D Maglite years before discovering SureFire and my first from them was the 6P. Then I began EDC'ing it before I even knew what E-D-C meant.