Colored Fenixes

NickelPlate

Enlightened
Call me crazy, but I'd go gaga over colored anodized fenixes :naughty:. Perhaps similiar to the colored Inova X1's. I would so collect them all :devil: . Seems like a good idea to me. Fenix are you listening?

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
LowBat said:
Ok, you're crazy! LOL

I like basic black as long as it's a durable finish.

just the other day, i lent my fenix to my friend as we were going around town on bikes or walking. i used it too and had it in my pocket for a while but after i got the light back, it ended up all scratched up. he told me all he had in his pocket was a reciept and i had my ARC AAA-P in my pocket too but i used my cell phone as a cushion in in between. i don't know how but it got real scratched up near the head. it was never dropped nor touched the arc. does anyone know how this could have happened? i don't really care much about it but i thought it was real strange. even if it did touch it, since it was a L1P and had the HAIII finish, shouldnt it not have gotten scratched?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the complaints about Fenix is their weak HA-III (HA-2.5?) Arc and Surefire have the best as you found out! I skidded mine across the pavement at work and it took some damage but no big deal to me. Character marks are OK in my book.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned 5 Fenixes at this point and all but one has/had the HAIII coating. My impression is it certainly isn't as tough as the HAIII of ARC or Surefire, but then, you aren't paying the premium to get that coating with the Fenix. The fact that it has HAIII at all is a plus in my book. Honestly, it's not that bad. It's sort of a double edged sword for Fenix though... they have the HAIII and glass lens (AR-coated in the case of the Premium models), but even if it didn't even have the HAIII coating, I think folks would still be jumping all over them.

I do have a silver Fenix L1 (not premium) and it's nice, but I traded it for a Vital Gear body that I could actually use. I personally wouldn't have any interested in red or blue or orange anodized Fenix lights, but I'd prefer a natural greenish-brown color to the HAIII than the supplied black. Many CPFers will no doubt agree but I'm sure on a general flashlight owner basis worldwide, I'm sure the preference would be for black.

Here's a pic of the silver in case you hadn't seen one:

IMG_1828a.jpg

Lite

Newly Enlightened
cratz2 said:
I do have a silver Fenix L1 (not premium) and it's nice,
The silver looks fine. Is it also HAIII?
Edit: Never mind, it just ocurred to me it's not the P model.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would the world be without colored Mags?

I bet Fenix would make a killing selling a limited run of a few colored Fenix lights.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I read the title of your thread, I figured you meant color emitters! The finish I don't care about so much, but a Fenix with a Cyan Luxeon driven to spec would be pretty increadible for the outdoors!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's what I thought too when I read the title... .If I could consistantly get them apart, I'd do one with a red/orange, one with a royal blue and one with either a cyan or green.

How much current does the L1P actually send to the emitter? A red/orange Lux III would sill probably be CRAZY bright at whatever current level is provided!